The U.S. Embassy in Kigali, Rwanda is pleased to announce the 2019-2020 competition for the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA), a program of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), administered by the International Research & Exchanges (IREX).
Fulbright TEA brings international teachers to the United States for a six-week program that offers academic seminars for professional development at a host university. Participants observe classrooms and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools
Who is eligible for Fulbright TEA?
- Be full-time high school teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), math, science, or social studies, including special education teachers in those subjects, at institutions serving primarily a local population
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Have five or more years of full-time teaching experience
- Be citizen of and resident in Rwanda
- Earn a minimum score of 450 on the paper-based TOEFL or 45 on Internet-based TOEFL
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program
How to apply:
Interested parties must apply online before March 15, 2019. Please consult the list of eligibility requirements above and then apply at: https://oas.irex.org/fulbrighttea.
For more information,please visit https://rw.usembassy.gov/call-for-applications-fulbright-teaching-excellence-and-achievement-program-fulbright-tea/