Applications for the 2019 Acumen Fellowship Program are now open. The Acumen Fellowship program is an intensive leadership development program cultivating a pipeline of tomorrow’s social changemakers. The purpose of the Acumen Fellows Program is to develop a community of leaders who challenge the status quo, work across lines of difference and inspire their communities to believe in a brighter future.
Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs while participating in five in-person, multi-day immersive seminars and engaging in online content between seminars. The program design is centered on group-based learning, self-reflection, and real-world application. Fellows receive training, practical tools and the space to explore their own leadership journeys while connecting with innovators across Acumen’s local and global communities.
The Fellows Program is currently offered inColombia, East Africa, West Africa, India, and Pakistan. The Program is designed for individuals who are currently leading or are an integral part of building an initiative whose mission is to eradicate poverty.
Acumen Fellows see opportunity where others see despair. They are individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and the passion to drive change in their communities. Does that sound like you?
East Africa Fellows program:
The East Africa Fellows Program brings together the best and brightest of the region’s emerging entrepreneurs, innovators and change agents. From Uganda to Ethiopia, their applicants represent a wide diversity of cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The seminars are typically held in or around major cities. In the past, they have been held in: Nairobi, Kampala, Kigali and Dar es Salaam
For 2019, individuals will be notified on the exact dates of the seminars upon being selected as a Fellow at the beginning of 2019.
Acumen is invested not only in each Fellows’ growth over the course of the year-long program, but also in their development as lifelong agents of fighting poverty. After completing the first year, Fellows may receive continued mentorship and coaching. Acumen also has a very active and growing network of social sector organizations, thought leaders, and Fellows across the globe. We engage all Acumen Fellows through events, newsletters and subsequent recruitment processes.
Fellows are of all ages, come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work across multiple sectors.
The Fellows they seek are:
- Social entrepreneurs, social intrapreneurs, and organizational builders.
- Social entrepreneurs: Have have launched or lead their own social change initiatives.
- Social intrapreneurs: Are running a social change initiative within an existing organization.
- Organizational builders: Are an integral part of building a social change organization, but do not play a founding role.
- Individuals who have a demonstrated history of impact, commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey followed by an induction into the larger Fellows Community.
- Individuals of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English.
Acumen covers all program-related expenses during the fellowship year. This includes all costs associated with the seminars including lodging, food, transportation and visas.
How to apply
All applications must be received by 11:59 PM East Africa Standard (GMT +3) Time on Sunday, September 9th 2018. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. If you have questions or if you are having technical difficulties, please read the Frequently Asked Questions in the Applicant Packet http://bit.ly/2019ApplicationPacket. If you still have questions after reading the FAQs, you may email email@example.com
For more information,visit https://acumen.org/fellowships/program-details/