JOB TITLE : Admin Assistant to the Vice Chancellor
RESPONSIBLE TO : Vice Chancellor
RESPONSIBLE FOR : Administrative Matters
NO. OF POSITION : 1
PLACE OF WORK : Main Campus–Kigali
DEADLINE : April, 20th 2018
Job Description (Main Duties and Responsibilities):
- To provide a comprehensive, proactive and confidential administrative support service to the Vice Chancellor,with a particular focus on effective management of diaries, internal and external communications, and information systems.
- To direct and manage the Vice Chancellor’s time in the most effective and efficient manner, ensuring that the most pressing and strategic issues are prioritized.
- He/she will ensure that UoK’s staff provide full, thorough briefings and minutes on previous and forthcoming meetings in a timely manner, and ensure that sufficient time is devoted in the diary for the Vice Chancellor to read and digest pre-reads.
- He/she will ‘think ahead’ and ensure that all paperwork, gifts, travel tickets are sorted and arranged well in advance of the Vice Chancellor’s trips within and out of the country.
- He/she will constantly be thinking ahead, looking around corners, and anticipating the next required moves,following a meeting or a trip. Standard letters/vote of thanks to hosts or guests will be prepared and ready to sign and send as a matter of course.
- He/she will have full access to the Vice Chancellor’s UoK email account and will ‘star’ pressing strategic issues; delete unnecessary cc-s; remove spam; and reply in a standard and courteous manner to emails which do not necessarily need to be seen or responded to personally by the Vice Chancellor. In other words, a high degree of self initiative and sound judgment in determining what is a ‘business as usual’ and what high
priority correspondence is.
- Ensure that during any absence of the Vice-Chancellor, both matters of a routine and more critical nature are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- Proof reading outgoing Vice Chancellor’s correspondences – particularly correspondence drafted internally by head of a professional service at the request of the Vice Chancellor.
- Taking minutes at meetings when required and stand in for the Vice Chancellor in internal meetings and debrief the Vice Chancellor in an accurate and timely manner afterwards.
- He/she is the first ‘point of call’ for external and internal requests across a broad range of topics into the Vice Chancellor’s Office. These requests may be from visiting governmental or academic delegations, or general requests for information regarding the UoK’s operations and/or complaints from stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in administration (preferably Public administration, Marketing or other relevant option to the job applied for) from a recognized University.
- MUST have Minimum of at least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as an Admin assistant in a learning institution or, admin assistant to CEO of any other complex organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and applications particularly Word, advanced excel, PowerPoint, outlook,etc. (Certificate in Computer literacy adds value).
- Proficiency in utilizing electronic databases, electronic administrative systems, filing systems with a good understanding of data protection and safe record keeping.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently; under pressure; multi task, and handle competing priorities.
- Good communication skills particularly, fluent in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High levels of organizational skills, particularly with regard to diary management, the organization of meetings and handling communications.
- High levels of professional presentation, conduct and credibility, in order to represent the office of the ViceChancellor.
- Ready to work outside normal working hours from time to time.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit an application package that includes the following:
(1) A cover letter;
(2) A comprehensive CV;
(3) Copies of the academic credentials with transcripts and any other testimonials;
(4) Copy of National ID or Passport;
The application should be addressed to the Director Human Resource and submitted to the University of Kigali main Campus Reception not later than 20th April 2018 at 5:00 PM.
Download Official advert
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.