This is a local role designed for local hire !!
The Administration and Finance Manager (AFM) is to provide critical support to the leadership of HOPE Rwanda Savings Group (SG) program and HOPE Distributed Services Unit (DSU) to fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International. This includes financial management, administration, human resource management, partner financial capacity building, and relationship management with HOPE’s church and ministry partners.
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
DEPARTMENT: SG Field Staff
REPORTS TO: HOPE Rwanda SG Country Director and HOPE DSU Local Managing Director
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Administration and Finance Officer
CATEGORY: Full time, Local Employee
FULL JOB SUMMARY
The Administration and Finance Manager (AFM) is to provide critical direct support to HOPE Rwanda SG Country Director (CD) and HOPE Distributed Services Managing Director (MD) in field leadership and program financial management. This includes financial and administrative support, long term planning and budgeting, full responsibility of head office finances and accounting, ongoing financial reporting, and key relationship management with HOPE Rwanda SG church partners and field staff.
Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Actively participate in daily, weekly and other devotions among HOPE staff to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ-centered mission and vision and to promote spiritual growth among staff, group members, and other associated parties.
- Ensure a personal healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, spiritual disciplines.
Relationship Building and Management
- Intentionally invest in building a strong, God-honoring relationship with the CD, head office and church partner staff
- Assist the CD in developing and maintaining excellent, productive and fruitful relationships with HOPE Rwanda SG ministry partner staff.
- Provide administrative and finance support to HOPE Rwanda SG staff through high level oversight as well as hands-on logistics support
- In all the above, ensure that relationships are marked by HOPE’s Christ-centered values.
- Assist the CD and DSU MD in the development of annual business plans, annual budgets, and periodic reforecast using Adaptive, HOPE’s budgeting and financial analysis software..
- Help establish and implement a strategy for sourcing the appropriate resources (staffing, financial, etc.) needed to achieve the goals outlined within the program’s plan.
- Collaborate with the Rwanda SG Operations Manager to directly support church partners to develop, approve, and track annual and quarterly partner budgets and action plans.
- In conjunction with the CD and DSU MD, manage and monitor HOPE Rwanda SG and DSU cash flow and ongoing financial planning.
Financial Management, Reporting & Analysis
- Oversee implementation and compliance with HOPE International’s policies as described in the HOPE Rwanda SG and DSU finance manuals. Recommend and implement improvements to maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Manage contact with HOPE International’s US finance department. Support CD and DSU MD to ensure a smooth relationship through reporting and related policies, processes, and documentation
- Prepare HOPE Rwanda SG and manage DSU daily bookkeeping and accounting records in QuickBooks.
- With the CD’s and DSU MD’s approval, submit requests for funding to HOPE International in a timely manner with appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that HOPE Rwanda SG and HOPE Distributed Services reporting standards and deadlines are met.
- Provide analysis of reports and actionable recommendations to CD and DSU MD.
- Ensure that HOPE Rwanda SG and DSU are fully compliant with all applicable governmental regulations.
- Support church partners to continually improve financial performance within the Savings Group ministry and fully implement the Church Partner Financial Guidelines.
- Oversee church partner’s financial reporting, including the review and oversight of the use of HOPE Rwanda SG funds by church partners.
- Ensure the achievement of ministerial goals and objectives while remaining within the budget set out for HOPE Rwanda SG and its partners
Administrative and Human Resources Management
- In conjunction with the CD and DSU MD, provide administrative and human resource management, including implementation of adequate HR policies, HR manual reviews, controls, contracts, staff leave reconciliation and structures.
- Supervise the Administration and Finance Officer
- In conjunction with the HOPE International security team, manage security policies and procedures for the HOPE Rwanda SG/DSU office.
- Manage the organization of key HOPE Rwanda SG and DSU financial documents, including data backup and business continuity planning.
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of payroll and government taxes for HOPE Rwanda SG and DSU staff.
- Ensure that HOPE Rwanda SG and DSU assets and inventory are well documented and well maintained.
Compliance & Risk Management
- Assist in refinement and implementation of processes for periodic updates to the Finance, and HR Manuals as weaknesses or inefficiencies are identified.
- Ensure full implementation of, and compliance with policies and procedures as outlined in Finance and HR manuals.
- Assist the HOPE Internal Audit team with Internal finance audits. Monitor the implementation of recommendations and changes as proposed by Internal Audit and HOPE International management. Support in the design and implementation of risk mitigation tools and procedures for Rwanda SG, as directed by the CD.
- Lead in design, development and implementation of special projects as requested by the CD
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Qualifying degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or similar field of study
- A minimum of three years of experience in mid-level accounting or bookkeeping required
- Understanding of, and demonstrated experience with, financial accounting principles, processes and systems
- Experience in using various accounting systems. Proficiency with QuickBooks is preferred
- Proficiency with Excel as a tool for data input, reporting, review, and analysis.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication
- Excellent computer based communication skills and working knowledge of basic IT.
- Fluent communication in English; spoken and written
- Working knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French is preferred
- Willingness to regularly travel upcountry
- Assertive self-starter with the confidence to ask hard questions and hold management accountable
- Highly flexible, hardworking and willing to sometimes work in stressful and frustrating situations
Apply by September 21, 2018 online at http://www.hopeinternational.org/take-action/opportunity/administration-…
For more information,please visit http://www.hopeinternational.org/take-action/careers
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.