The Government of The People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology. The Chinese Government African Union Scholarships will enable African students study in China in the 2018/2019 Academic Year. The scholarships are intended for studies leading to the award of Master’s and Doctoral Degrees.
Application Deadline: 29th June 2018
About the Award: The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role of coordinating AU programs in education and human resource development; science, technology and innovation and youth empowerment.
The Department provides technical support to Member states in the development and implementation of programs towards harmonisation, intra-African collaboration, and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields as contribution to the attainment of AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity in Africa. The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made Chinese Government African Union Scholarships offers to the AU through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable Africans to study in China for the 2018/2019 academic year
To be eligible for the Chinese Government African Union Scholarships:
- The scholarships are open to all African nationals who meet the Admission requirements set below
- The language of instruction shall be English
- Candidate with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative roles in Africa, are encouraged to apply
Candidates applying for the Chinese Government African Union Scholarships must fufill the following
- Undergraduate degree from a recognised university with at least a second class upper or its equivalent, in a relevant field
- For Doctoral Candidates (Master’s degree in a relevant field is required)
- Maximum age of 35 years
- Fluency in English as it is the teaching language
- Candidate may be willing to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection
List of Universities:
Scholarships will be taken in the following universities fields
Public Policy at Peking University
Public Administration of National Development at Peking University
Public Administration at Tsinghua University
Public Administration in International Development and Governance at Tsinghua University
Public Administration at Sun Yat-sen University
Chinese Economy at Renmin University of China
Management of Rural Development and Management Studies at China Agricultural University
Public Health at Southern Medical University
International Communication at Communication University of China
Transportation; Engineering of Railway Operation and Management at Beijing Jiaotong University
Transportation; Engineering at Central South University
Professional Accounting Program at Shanghai National Accounting Institute
Auditing at Nanjing Audit University
Program in Environmental Management and Sustainable Development at Tongji University
Information and Communication Engineering at Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Electrical Engineering at Xi’an Jiaotong University
Electrification & Information Technology in Rail Transit at Southeast Jiaotong University
International Law and Chinese Law at Wuhan University
Public Diplomacy at Jilin University
International Relations at China Foreign Affairs University
The scholarship will cover the cost related to teaching and the administration of the university and the living expenses of the students from the fund of the foreign aid, supervising thesis.
- The cost related to teaching includes tuition, teaching materials, field trips and study tours.
- The basic living expenses include the accommodation, living allowances, the one-time settlement fee, and the medical insurance. Of which, the 3000 RMB of settlement fee will be given to the students in one time.
- The living allowances (36000 RMB/year for Master students and 42000RMB/year for Doctor students) will be given to the students on a monthly basis. All the other funds will be managed by the university or Chinese
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how the qualification will enable you serve the continent
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experiemce and publications if any
- Certified copies of relevant Certificates, transcripts and personal details page of national passport (at least 6 months validity)
- Clear, coloured passport photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees, one professional referee
- Health certificate
All applicants must apply directly through the respective University website and send copies by email to Caseley Olabode Stephens: StephensC@africa-union.org.
The Closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents is: 29th June 2018.
Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered
For more ingormation,visit https:au.int