Applications are now open for the 2019-2021 AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship Program. The fellowship program aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Sub Saharan Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
The AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship Program trains young, future managers from Sub-Saharan Africa on-site with German companies. The main idea behind this initiative is to create a win-win-situation for the program participants and the partnering companies. Thus, the initiative lays the foundation stone for sustainable economic cooperation with Africa and aims at forming stable cooperative partnerships for the future.
The programme is supported by the Federal President of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Video 1: About AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship Program
Deadline: January 11, 2019
- Applicants must have a university degree in a relevant subject;
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage;
- Have two to five years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage;
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit;
- Female candidates are welcome.
Costs and Benefits
The fellowship covers cost for:
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany
- An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Program-related travelling expenses in Germany
- Monthly living allowance of € 750 (August, September and October 2019; July 2020)
- One-off relocation fee of € 1,000 for settling back into the home countries
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1,500 gross
Steps to join the AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship Program
- Apply online during the application phase: Apply online during the application phase: When applications are open, you may apply for the programme if you fulfill the formal eligibility requirements. Applications are only possible through the online application system.
- Get selected for the assessment center: If your application has been successful, you will receive an invitation to a two-day assessment center in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Receive the invitation to Germany: Candidates who pass the assessment center successfully will then receive the invitation for the one-year programme to Germany.
After the programme
After the one-year stay in Germany, all candidates have to return to their home countries. Alumni activities will continue and allow former fellows to extend their networks with other alumni and to mutually benefit from their experiences on an on-going basis.
In case a company is interested in extending the cooperation with a candidate beyond the one-year stay in Germany, this has to be arranged bilaterally between the company and the candidate.
For more information,Please visit AFRIKA KOMMT fellowship 2019.