The Kigali Hub of Global Shapers invites you to apply to join the hub. Applications will be accessible between January 15 — January 31, 2019.
Who we are
Kigali Global Shapers are members the Kigali hub of the Global Shapers Community, an initiative by World Economic Forum. The aim of the Global Shapers Community is to give young people a voice in the dialogue, a platform to contribute and resources to act towards impacting the world around them. Global Shapers are exceptional young people from different areas of specialty passionate about social impact and the role entrepreneurship plays in it.
Professor Klaus Schwab, Founder of World Economic Forum, realized that as much as The Forum was ensuring the participants from the public and private sectors were engaging in a constructive dialogue, that the young people, the future, were being left out of the discussion. With the help of young people working within the forum, they launched the Global Shapers Community in 2011 to give young people in those countries a voice, both locally and globally.
If you want to learn more about the key achievements, check out:
- Six Shapers to Co-Chair the Annual Meeting 2019 in Davos
- Read the top 5 hub reports of 2017–18, Vancouver Hub report, San Salvador Hub report, Milwaukee Hub report, Culiacan Hub report, Ho Hub report
What we stand for
The mission and objectives of the Kigali hub are in line with those of the Global hub, which are:
- To build a community of the most outstanding young people dedicated to improving the state of the world. With “Shape Your Future” as the motto of the hub, it encompasses a three-dimensional aspect; personal, community and global.
- The Kigali hub is driven by four pillars that signify the values at the core of our work: LINA — Learn, Inspire, Network, Act. LINA aims to ensure we develop ourselves as shapers, we inspire others to take those steps of courage, develop a network of influence to help promote our agenda for positive change and lastly to ensure we follow through with concrete action.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Young leaders between 20 and 30 years old. (born between Jan 01, 1990 — Dec 31, 1999)
- Track record of and/or demonstrate great potential in positively contributing to society
- Committed to working with other members of the Hub to improve the city and the country.
- Prove the willingness & ability to devote time & effort to the Community, participating in/or initiating projects Voluntarily
- From all walks of life and who share a spirit of entrepreneurship in the global public interest
- Ready to deeply engage in the Shapers community, reinforcing its mission and objectives and supporting their fellow Shapers in their individual and professional development
- Should be living in or near Kigali
Shapers are selected on the basis of their exceptional achievements, leadership potential, and commitment to making a difference. Care is taken to ensure a diverse composition of professional and personal interests, as well as gender, social, economic, and other forms of diversity. Shapers come from all walks of life but share a spirit of entrepreneurship in the public interest. All members of the Community adhere to the highest standards of moral and intellectual integrity.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 31st January 2019, 11:59 PM (Kigali Time)
- January 15 to January 31: Online Application on https://goo.gl/forms/pBqPb3MJbkrvr6E83
- February 10: Notification of invitation to interview day on February 24
- February 24: Interview day (Hold 9:30 am — 4: 30 pm. Exact time and location to be announced)
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more on https://www.globalshapers.org/