AWARDS REPORTING AND DOCUMENTATION COORDINATOR
About the Role: Under the supervision of the Country Office-Awards Manager, S/He will coordinate the timely submission of quality reports to donors as well as promote mechanisms for clear tracking of reports. S/He will ensure that consistent efforts are made to capacity building of report writers, especially project and program managers within SCI staff and partners is delivered to promote overall program quality.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors or Master’s level qualification in communications, development studies and socials sciences.
- Demonstrated experience of reporting/ communications in the Save the Children’s global areas: Child protection, Nutrition, Education, Food Security & Livelihoods.
- Good communications, reporting writing, organisational skills, time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good negotiation, communication, decision-making and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Leadership skills and ability to give guidance to both co-located and remote field teams.
- Training / experience in key donor reporting rules and regulations e.g. ECHO, EC, DFID, OFDA.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Experience delivering targeted training on concrete skills to adult learners of varying literacy levels.
- Understanding of donor compliance and key SC reporting procedures.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Willingness to travel.
- Commitment to Save the Children values and willingness to abide by Child Safeguarding Policy.
Contract length: Open Ended
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae as a single document in English, including 3 names of professional referees BY CLICKING ON THE “APPLY NOW” (Below)
The deadline for receiving applications is December 25th, 2018.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
For more information,please visit https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/463