VACANCY: BUSINESS ANALYST – REGIONAL BUSINESS UNIT
REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The Group has interests across the East African Region and offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset Management, Banking, and Property. The product range includes life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, property development, and private equity.
We wish to fill the above position in our Rwanda Subsidiary – Britam Insurance Company (Rwanda) Ltd. Rwandese candidates are preferred.
- Review, understand and internalize existing business processes through literature review and stakeholder interviews;
- Review, understand and internalize Britam’s 2016 – 2020 group strategy together with the proposed Project Jawabu future state (To-Be) process maps. Project Jawabu is Britam’s Digital Transformation initiative that looks to fully automate Britam front and back office operations;
- Develop detailed Microsoft Visio process flow diagrams for all Britam future state processes;
- Develop detailed operational procedure documents/manuals for all Britam future state processes.
- Conduct workshops with all Business unit stakeholders to ensure approval of all requirements specifications & use case material is achieved;
- Verify & approve all design solutions and test cases to ensure the business requirements have been met;
- Deliver improvements to the Business through standardizing Requirement Specifications, Use Cases, Test Cases, and synergy identification documents;
- Undertake project initiation activities including preparing a project charter and business case for assigned projects;
- Translates the project mandate into the detailed concept, defining benefits, analyzing interested parties, and defining deliverables;
- Responsible for providing strategic project planning, including resource planning, preparing a comprehensive project schedule and project budgeting;
- Mobilise project team consisting of internal business users, IT experts, business partners, and third-party suppliers;
- Lead the project team in the execution of project activities ensuring required quality standards are adhered to
- Vendor management to ensure the project is delivered on time, on the scope and within budget;
- Project risk management including carrying out risk assessments and designing and implementing risk mitigation initiatives;
- Develop and implement a communication and change management plan for the project;
- Develop and implement a stakeholder management plan to ensure project success;
- Updates the project plan as the project progresses, assess risk, resolves issues and reports;
- Manage project CAPEX and OPEX budgets;
- Provide periodic project status reports to key stakeholders;
- Employ business analysis, system design and system testing methodologies to manage quality of project deliverables ensuring business requirements are fully met;
- Ensure appropriate handover of the project including the documentation of lesson learned and a submission project report;
- Ensure proper integration (by appropriate communication and documentation) of the deliverables into existing IT infrastructure and business processes
Key performance measures
- Project Delivery;
- Time – N0 more than 10% schedule slippage.
- Cost – No more than 10% budget overrun.
Quality – 90% of business requirements correctly delivered with project go-live.
Working Relationships – Internal & External
The Project Manager will be:
- Accountable to the CEO and Program Manager
- Work collaboratively with other project team members
- Required to liaise and work closely with respective departmental/business heads, business process owners, program management office, risk & compliance, and internal audit departments.
System implementation partners
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications required
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent;
- Project Management Expertise: Certification in Prince2 or PMP would be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience in managing a Document Management System (DMS) implementation in a financial services organization;
- Business analysis and process design experience.
Technical and functional competencies
- Ability to customize project management processes, tools, and templates as required for the project
- The expert on Microsoft Project Management Tools.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong skills in Process Mapping and Business Process Reengineering
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyze business processes and workflows
- Effective communication (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to reconcile key stakeholder interests, conflicting priorities, and business strategy
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimize output and profitability against time, cost and team targets;
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated;
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate;
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture;
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimize operational effectiveness;
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making;
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organizational impact;
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context;
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering;
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Improve service delivery for clients;
- Engage in a continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria, please submit your online application to us on or before 24th September 2018, at https://www.britam.com/careers
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.