VACANCY:Business Development Officer
REPORTING TO: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER-BROKERS, DIRECT AND BANCASSURANCE
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The Group has interests across the East African Region and offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset Management, Banking and Property. The product range includes, life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, property development and private equity.
We wish to fill the above position in our Rwanda Subsidiary – Britam Insurance Company (Rwanda) Ltd. Preferred candidate Rwandese national.
The jobholder provides sales related support to the assigned distribution channels and is also responsible for spearheading product development initiatives.
- Ensure retention of existing business portfolio and sourcing of new business opportunities;
- Manage relationships with clients, partners and intermediaries;
- Ensure assigned distribution channels e.g. branch network, brokerage channel are well equipped with product knowledge;
- Timely processing of quotations and tender documents;
- Ensure incentives for channels are correctly processed and paid on time;
- Assist the Sales and Business Development Manager to gather marketing intelligence and statistics to facilitate development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage;
- Undertake initial underwriting of business to ensure sound acceptance of risk and thereafter forward to the underwriting department;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on production;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key performance measures
1. Strong work ethics;
2. Ensure productivity and performance is achieved and exceeded;
3. Expenditure in an area of influence maintained within approved budget;
4. High performance and entrepreneur culture is achieved.
- Britam customers
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelors’ degree in a business related field
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Proficiency in computer/software packages
Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during everyday interactions.
Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
Planning and Organising: Adhere to and monitor clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves projects goals.
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria, please submit your online application to us on or before 21st May 2018, at https://www.britam.com/careers