The Lemonaid & ChariTea Foundation is accepting applications from initiatives, from or active, in South Africa, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Paraguay, Argentina, India and Rwanda. Support is given to ‘one-off projects’, as well as long-term partnerships, whereby regular exchange and dialogue with partners in the different regions are of the utmost importance. All of the projects which pass the pre-evaluation phase will be personally visited by foundation or their advisory board. The Foundation’s advisory board is supporting them with their expertise in the selection process and is part of the decision-making process.
The Lemonaid & ChariTea Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Hamburg – St. Pauli. It was founded in 2010 and aims to contribute to the sustainable improvement of social, economic and ecological structures in the Global South. Particularly in regions that have been negatively affected by the structures of the global economy.
The applicants organization must be recognized as a charitable organization, NPO or NGO is their respective country.
This call for proposals is aimed at organisations, institutions and initiatives, which provide practically-oriented courses with clear measurable impact.
Areas of focus
Proposals are welcomed from different thematic areas such as:
- Rural development and ecology
- Innovation and digitalisation
- Microcredit and financial support
- Small business development
- Artisan development
- Sustainable consumption and production methods
- Funding is available for amounts between 10.000€ – 50.000€ per calendar year.
The project duration is a maximum of three years. The organization’s own contribution should be:
- In the first year, a minimum of 15%
- In the second year, a minimum of 25%
- In the third year, a minimum of 50%
This selection process will be guided by the following two criteria:
Support to Entrepreneurship/Social Entrepreneurship
- The Lemonaid & ChariTea Foundation was founded based on the concept of social entrepreneurship which combines a financially viable product with a charitable purpose. They are convinced that this concept also exists in other parts of the world. Therefore, the intention is to support initiatives that build on and develop local entrepreneurial potential and capability. The goal is to support the creation of value chains and structures in the relevant country and thus produce independent sources of income.
- This call for proposals is intended for organisations and initiatives, which support entrepreneurial potential in the respective countries. This could be through the provision of micro-credit, start-up loans or advice and training possibilities.
Support to Income-Generating Activities
- The goal here is to support capacity building initiatives and training facilities that focus on youth development as well as further education for adults. Key here is that there needs to be a tangible, practical aspect that is directly linked to implementation of projects. The students can potentially act as “multipliers”, passing on what they have learned to others. Local expertise should be nurtured and utilized in finding local solutions to local problems. The foundation supports capacity building initiatives that create local and sustainable sources of income as well as building local resilience.
To apply, please complete the following application forms, while paying attention to the funding guidelines. Please also see the Application Guidelines for more information.
Signed and completed applications must be sent by the 24th of Feburary 2019 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the process from deadline to application to beginning of funding may take over six months.
The necessary documents can be found here: