Applications are open for rural youth agribusiness entrepreneurs support 2018-East Africa. The Eastern Africa Farmers Federation in partnership with IFAD is calling on rural youth groups in agriculture and agribusiness related enterprises to apply for support to help them access:
- Technical support to develop enterprise ready investment proposals,
- Agri-business incubation services and mentorship
- Potential funders/ investors and other partnership opportunities.
The intention of this Rural youth agribusiness entrepreneurs support is to build existing businesses/start ups run by youth with a view of creating employment.The support is intended to reach at least 10,000 youthful farmers in groups/individuals aged 35 years and below in Kenya, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda. If the applicants are youth groups, the group dynamics should have at least 70% youth as members. The project will last at least 3 years with the first round of support expected to culminate in possible business pitching to potential investors. 1st pitching in 2018, 2nd pitching 2019 and 3rd pitching in 2020.
The next two rounds of support will focus on scaling up capacity building with practical trainings and linkages to potential funding support. We shall also form a national and a regional knowledge sharing platforms through which information, support and opportunities will be shared.
The support will seek partnerships with re-known business schools, business incubators, experts and mentors who will assist in developing a tailor made approach to capacity building.
Nationality: Eligible applicants for Rural youth agribusiness entrepreneurs support 2018 should be from Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda.
Expression of interest or Proposals for the call will be submitted under two categories:
a) Start-ups (<6 months)
b) Existing Enterprises (>6 months)
Areas of focus : Applicants must submit ideas in the following fields
Agriculture – crops, livestock, agroforestry,apiary etc.
More areas in agricultural investments:
a) ICT in agriculture and agribusiness sector
b) Appropriate technology and innovations ready for scale up/ commercialization/ investments e.g. irrigation, storage, cultivation
c) Agricultural Production, Post Harvesting and value addition/processing
d) Agriculture finance and services
e) Aggregation, supply chain management and distribution.
f) Agriculture inputs (seeds, fertilizer, pesticides etc.)
g) Business development service providers (BDS)
h) Cottage industry
i) Any other relevant areas
The Rural youth agribusiness entrepreneurs support proposal should have the following:
- Name/ title of the project/ enterprise
- Contact persons details
- Goal, objectives; problem statement and justification
- Business plan –(logic of work, work already done – outputs/ results achieved)
- Structure of governance and management (state position and qualifications) if in group
- Project revenues; contracts in place; lessons; investment or financing structure, risks and mitigations and expected project impact
- Cash flow – with break even points, return on investment
- Attach the business registration certificate and excel list of members (names, age, sex, ID number) signed by the group chair, treasurer and secretary).
- For unregistered groups EAFF will assist them with the registration process with the social services.
Send applications To EAFF secretariat Youth entrepreneurship and employment program
P.O. Box 13747 -00800 Nairobi Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note:The proposal should clearly indicate the country where the enterprise is done.
For more information,visit eaffu.org