The High Commission of Canada in Kenya, in collaboration with the Office of the High Commission of Canada in Rwanda has announced a call for proposals for the 2018-2019 Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI). The Fund will grant applications in the areas that address identified needs of local communities that fall within one or the two 2018-2019 CFLI priorities listed below for Rwanda. The Government of Canada is strongly committed to supporting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls; thus, these considerations should be taken into account under each priority.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls: Under this thematic priority, initiatives could include but not limited to projects that:
- Address sexual and gender-based violence, including child, early and forced marriage and female genital mutilation/cutting;
- Provide support to women’s rights organisations and movements for delivering their agendas and programs; strengthening their institutional capacity and sustainability; building networks and alliances; and advocating for their role, participation and leadership in policy dialogue at all levels and as partners in the design and implementation of initiatives in all sectors.
- Support evidence-based policy-making, legal frameworks and program delivery for gender equality strengthening the capacity and systems of state and non-state actors to advance gender equality
- Support efforts to recognize the economic rights of women; promoting women’s equitable access to and control over land and resources, decent work and equal pay; supporting advocacy efforts that advance more equitable workloads in the workplace and at home; strengthening women’s voices and leadership in advancing women’s economic rights.
- Support efforts to promote women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership and political participation at all levels of decision-making and in all spheres of life.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law: Under this thematic priority, initiatives could include but not limited to projects that are:
- Supporting efforts that strengthen democracy, public participation, respect for diversity, accountability, equity, equality, equitable access to a functioning Justice System, adherence to rule of law, public services that work for everyone, promoting and protecting human rights in all levels of society.
- Supporting efforts by institutions, to ensure processes, programs, and services are accessible, affordable, accountable, and responsive to all people, particularly to the most vulnerable and most marginalized.
You may also like : Funding opportunities for entrepreneurs
- The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level.
- Project proposals with regional reach will be eligible for the CFLI when relevant.
- Please note that requests for core administrative funding and infrastructure projects will not be considered.
- The CFLI is always looking to fund innovative projects, which deliver measurable results.
- The average contribution is expected to be in the range of CAD $15,000-$20,000 for each individual project. Larger projects may be considered on an exceptional basis.
- The average duration of a CFLI project is six (6) consecutive months, with all project activities to be completed by February 28, 2019. However, longer projects may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply
- Complete the project application including a Gender Based Analysis findings and budget forms with necessary details about project activities and spending. Note that only complete applications will be considered.
- All applications must be submitted by end of day of Friday, June 8, 2018, to the email: email@example.com. Applications received after the deadlines will not be considered.
- Regional/multi country proposals will be considered.
For more information,please visit http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca