Applications are now open for the 2019 CUA-SIU International Scholarship Program.
The objective of the CUA-SIU International Scholarship Program is to foster the improvement of urological care in developing countries, through the financial support of international urological fellow trainees planning to return to their home country.
The application deadline for the CUA-SIU International Scholarship Program is April 3, 2019.
1) be fully-trained urologists, within five (5) years of a urology residency program;
2) be residents of a developing country, as defined by the International Monetary Fund
3) have been accepted to a clinical and/or research urology fellowship at a Canadian institution;
4) provide details on other sources of funding, and list of expected expenses; and
5) must display intent to return to their home country following completion of fellowship training.
Prior to receipt of the Award:
1. The recipient must apply for CUA Candidate membership and SIU Trainee membership if not already a respective member of each; and
2. The host institution must provide the CUASF with confirmation of current enrollment of the recipient
Every year, a maximum of $20,000 will be awarded. Each grant may cover a period of 1 month to one year, for up to $1,000 per month of training, up to a maximum of $10,000 per award.
Awarded applications must meet the Program’s stated objective.
Awards are not renewable, and are for a period of one (1) year.
Applicants must be commencing their first or second year of fellowship training within the
same calendar year.
All applications are to be submitted electronically (www.cuasf.org) and must include:
1) Completed application form;
2) Personal letter of support, including how the fellowship meets the Program’s “Objective” and a declaration of intent to return to their home country following completion of fellowship training;
3) Confirmation of acceptance to a urology fellowship (clinical and/or research) at a Canadian institution, which includes stated length or dates of training period; and
4) Letter of recommendation from a home country medical institute.
5) Curriculum Vitae (Please submit a pdf version of your Common (CHIR) CV)
All submissions are reviewed by the CUASF Scientific Council chair and a committee.
All applications should be submitted online via: www.cuasf.org
For more information,please download cua-siu_international_scholarship