Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity in Rwanda. This five-year project will sustainably increase the availability, access, and consumption of animal source food (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. This project will support the development of strong and inclusive private sector ASF value chains and increase demand for ASF. The activity will accomplish these objectives by improving smallholder livestock productivity and support to livestock product and ASF market development. The activity will also develop and strengthen behavior change communication materials and messaging to promote ASF consumption and ensure the delivery of messages to diverse audiences at all stages of ASF production. Crosscutting objectives include women’s empowerment, youth employment, and policy engagement. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead project management, including operations, administration, finance, and technical oversight
- Build and maintain relationships with USAID, country counterparts, and strategic partners
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Oversee and supervise project staff, project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications, driving the project’s direction, performance, and adherence to USAID and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Master’s degree in international development, business management and marketing, agriculture/agronomy, economics, livestock, nutrition, communications, or related field
- A minimum of 12 years of experience managing food security and agricultural development or nutrition and social behavior change programs
- A strong foundation in livestock; agriculture economics; agriculture policy; market development; nutrition; social behavior change; water, sanitation, and hygiene; and social marketing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English; French and Kinyarwanda preferred
- Experience in Rwanda preferred
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by September 30, 2018 through https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/ororawihaze. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.