The Common Fund for Commodities is inviting applications for support of commodity development activities in its member countries. The Common Fund for Commodities provides a range of financial and technical instruments in support of business activities contributing to commodity sector development in Developing Countries. Examples include agriculture, commodity value addition and trade, minerals and metals. Besides generating a viable financial return, eligible activities should also deliver a measurable social and environmental impact.
This is the 13th call for interested parties to submit proposals which opened in June 2018 and will close on 31 October 2018. Early submission of proposals is encouraged and is highly appreciated.
CFC supports activities which promote the contribution of the commodity sector to achieving the SDGs in CFC member countries including the following aspects:
(i) Social: Create employment (particularly for youth and women), provide sustained increase in household incomes, reduce poverty, and enhance food security.
(ii) Economic: Enhance production and productivity, achieve higher local value addition;improve competitiveness of producers, producer organisations and small and medium sized industries, support the financial sector development.
(iii) Environmental: Enhance production taking into account the environment and its long term possibilities for the same, or increased use of productive resources while maintaining or reducing the impact on the environment.
The CFC supports implementation of activities along the value chain that:
All legal public and private entities are eligible to apply under this Call for Proposals, provided they:
- operate in commodity value chains in CFC member countries or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
- have a proven relevant track record of sound financial operations in their current and /or proposed activities over a period of at least 3 years, which can be documented by means of (audited) financial statements, and
- share CFC’s values, including internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact.
Applications are to be made in English only as the CFC cannot provide for translation of proposals submitted in other languages.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND ANY SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS TO email@example.com or by mail addressed to the Managing Director, Common Fund for Commodities, P.O. Box 74656, 1070 BR, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- the Common Fund for Commodities objectives as stated in the Open Call;
- the track record of the applicant and its technical, managerial and financial capacity to execute the project and reach the targeted goals in stipulated time;
- the quality of the application in terms of completeness and the logic of the project design;
- the quality and transparency of the underlying financial information provided.
- Every proposal needs to substantiate and quantify its projections and demonstrate a financially sustainable business plan
For more information,please visit http://www.common-fund.org/call-for-proposals/