Job Offer: Communication and digital marketing specialist
Duration of role: 3 months
Date of Issue:13th April 2018
Closing date for Application: 27th April 2018
Assignment Start Date : 14th May 2018
Assignment End Date: 15th June 2018
Number of Days Allocated to assignment: 20 days
Funded by UKaid, Cardno along with partner Rwanda Mining Petroleum Gas Board (RMB) is implementing the Sustainable Development of Mining in Rwanda (SDMR) programme over a period of 3 years. SDMR is envisioned as a programme to support the transformation of the mining sector in Rwanda, by facilitating an enabling environment for the business of mining and improving the livelihoods of rural working poor in the artisanal and small-scale mining sector in Rwanda.
The programme uses the M4P (Making Markets Work for the Poor) market systems development technical approach which is facilitative, systemic, scalable, and sustainable. Key to proper implementation of the programme this role will need to work closely with the SDMR Capacity Development Intervention Manager, who will oversee the intervention on a day-to-day basis.
The communication specialist will develop a communication strategy to help promote the SDMR programme and develop adapted promotion products.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Communication and digital marketing specialist is expected to implement following key activities:
1. Analyse the programme communication and stakeholders’ engagement plan to advise on the
2. Provide quality control of the programme website and communications materials to ensure programme
information products convey the right message to the right audience.
3. Analyse and develop the most appropriate branding and visibility tools to be used to summarise the
programme theory of change and areas of interventions (animations, infographics, and podcast etc.).
4. Develop key messages for all communication materials in all media formats – print, web, social media,
5. Support the development of templates and subsequent reporting and documenting lessons learned.
6. Develop newsletter and case studies templates.
7. Develop a set of communication indicators and advise on how they can be monitored
1. Two years communication action plan.
2. Review of the programme digital marketing strategy.
3. Selection and design of at least 2 appropriate SDMR story telling new communication products.
4. Communication templates (newsletters, case studies etc.).
5. Visibility Products.
6. Set of communication Performance Indicators
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidates shall fulfil the following minimum criteria
1. An advanced university (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the fields of journalism, public information,communications, or related fields is required. A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
2. Additional education in digital marketing is required. Proven long-term experience may be acceptable.
3. At least five years of experience in journalism, public information or communications.
4. Proven experience on donor funded programmes and in East Africa would be a strong asset.
5. Good documentation and presentation skills, good written and verbal communication skills in English
Qualified candidates are welcome to submit a CV and a sample of previous communication campaigns and references to email@example.com
For more information,please download Communication-and-Digital-Marketing-Specialist.pdf
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.