Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Rwanda is a youth-led movement of daring social innovators who are transforming their communities and creating opportunities.
We believe in the power of youth-led innovation, that communities can be shaped by empowering youth to create sustainable initiatives inspired by community needs, and that social innovation is accelerated when supported by digital technology.
Are you willing to build an innovative solution addressing community challenges? DOT Rwanda brings a unique innovation challenge to your doorstep!
This year, youth who want to develop initiatives that solve a social problem will join the DOT Rwanda’s Challenge themed “Innovation that Works for Women”. The purpose for the Challenge is to support youth to design, develop and test initiatives that solve a social problem.
Youth who wish to develop initiatives that positively transform their communities will go through a learning journey that runs from May- July 2018, involving both online engagement and face-to- face workshop for learning and collaboration with peer like-minded change makers. The capacity building will focus on gender equality, social entrepreneurship with a human centered design approach.
Outstanding innovators will also get an opportunity to showcase their initiatives at the DOT’s International Youth Conference in Kenya. Prizes for winners will include financing for their social enterprises, mentorship and coaching to support their initiatives
• Aged between 18-29
• Have innovative solutions addressing community challenges
• Have innovative solutions that work for women
• Passion for community impact and women development
• Have an innovation that has not been awarded in any other challenge
• Commit to attending a 3 -months-long online and face-to-face workshop
• Be able to follow the online capacity building and peer collaboration
• Be a resident and committed to implement your initiative in one of the following Provinces; Southern Province, Eastern Province, Western Province and Northern Province and City of Kigali
How to apply?
Kindly fill and submit this application form !
N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
Deadline for submitting entry form is May 6th, 2018