East African Development Bank Medical Training and Fellowship Programme targets four EADB member states – Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. The Programme aims to increase the number, quality and deployment of medical professionals in public service specialising in the treatment of cancer and neurological disorders in the East Africa region.
It intends to train 600 East African physicians over a period of four years and will focus on early detection, research and treatment of cancer and neurological disorders in areas where access to qualified professionals remains a challenge. Please note there is no charge for the trainings. Travel and accommodation costs will be covered under the programme.
The METAF Programme includes;
- Short clinical courses across Kenya, Tanzania Uganda and Rwanda designed and delivered by expert faculty across the East African region and international faculty recruited through the RCP.
Through the delivery of clinical training courses, participants will be equipped to better diagnose and manage their patients with common neurological disorders or undertake acute triage of cancer presentation and to manage urgent symptoms of cancer within district/regional hospitals.
Clinical Training – Neurology
The Clinical Training – Neurology courses are open to doctors in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda with the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Surgery (MSChB)
- Masters in Medicine (MMed), or
- Currently studying on a Masters in Medicine (MMed) programme
- Can demonstrate the capacity to use their training to impact on other trainees and patient care in their institutions.
With facilitators drawn from both the RCP and regional medical institutions, this 5-day training course will equip participants to better diagnose and manage their patients with common neurological disorders. The programme includes sessions on;
- Neurological infections;
- Neuropediatric conditions
- Traumatic brain injury
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Spinal Cord disease and Nerve and Muscle disorders
A certificate of training endorsed by the RCP and the respective national accrediting body will be given to qualified participants.
To apply please complete and submit the application form.
– Kenya 19-23 February
– Rwanda 26 February – 02 March
– Tanzania & Kenya 28 May – 01 June
– Rwanda & Uganda 09-13 July
– Kenya 03-07 September
– Deadline applicants for the Rwanda & Uganda Neurology course on 9-13 July is 20th June 2018.
For more information,please visit https://eadbmetaf.org/static/about-the-programme.html