INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO: 17/HCR/KGL/VN/035
Title of Post: Field Assistant under UNOPS
Duty Station: Kirehe, Rwanda
Category and Level: Local – Specialist ICA, Level 3
Title of Supervisor: Protection Officer
Duration of assignment: 1 year
Entry on Duty: Immediate
Closing date of application: 21 November 2018
The Field Assistant is normally supervised by the Field Officer/Associate and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor exercises close control and regular review of the work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus
better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Stakeholder Management
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION & COMPETENCIES
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions
of the position.
SUBMISSIONS OF APPLICATIONS
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your application on
http://rwanda.unhcr.io by 21 November 2018.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be
notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
For more information,please download http://www.unhcr.org/rw/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/11/UNOPS-Field-Assistant_Kirehe.pdf