The Arthur B. Schultz Foundation is seeking Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for its Grant program with an aim to advance opportunities for women and people with mobility challenges in developing countries.
General eligibility for organizations:
- Have an operating budget less than $750,000.
- Are located in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, or Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua.
- Are legally registered as a nonprofit/NGO in their country of operation.
- Share foundation’s Mobility Solutions and/or Women’s Empowerment vision.
Mobility Solutions: A world with equal access to mobility and related services for all.
- Priority is given to organizations that:
- Work with established in-country, technologically appropriate wheelchair manufacturers;
- Take a preventive approach by addressing early childhood issues and interventions:
- Employ a substantial percentage of disabled workers;
- Help children with physical disabilities gain access to educational opportunities;
- Evaluate their work and adapt to changing situations.
Women’s Empowerment – education, leadership & entrepreneurship: A world with opportunities for all women to receive an education, assume leadership roles and achieve economic independence.
Priority is given to organizations that:
- Are locally-run, by women, supporting women and girls;
- Emphasize leadership, self-esteem, and mentoring in their projects;
- Support primarily female entrepreneurs;
- Offer high-quality and innovative educational opportunities from high school through university level;
- Are well-established in the communities in which they work and collaborate with other NGOs;
- Evaluate their work and adapt to changing situations;
- Are located in rural areas and urban slums;
Letter of Inquiry
The 2019 LOI submission timeline is from Sept 1 – Oct 5, 2018. please review funding priorities before submitting a Letter of Inquiry (LOI).Once you have determined that your organization is eligible, you must first send a letter of inquiry (LOI). The subject line of your LOI email must contain the name of the organization and country in which your project is located. If your project is a good fit with ABSF priorities, you will be contacted within 1 month via email and/or phone with further questions and next steps.
Proposals are by invitation only.
More information >>> http://absfoundation.org/grant-seekers/application-process/