The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards grants scholarships to graduate and doctoral students who wish to study a Masters or PhD Degree in Germany.To apply, International applicants have to prove their proficiency in German. Good or very good knowledge of the German language is required (at least B2 Level or DSH2).
Application deadline : 1 March
Host institutions: State or state-recognized institution of higher education (university, college or equivalent) in Germany
Focus areas : The special focus regions for international students are Central and Eastern Europe; EU neighborhood countries and the CIS; the Middle East and North Africa; transition and newly industrialized countries; and conflict regions worldwide.
- You must be enrolled at a state-recognized university or college (e.g. Fachhochschule) in Germany at the time the scholarship payments begin.
- You should provide proof that you have already graduated with an initial professional qualification. This programme mainly supports students aiming for a Masters degree.
- You need a good knowledge of German, and require you provide proof of your proficiency. Please note that the selection workshop (interviews, group discussions) will normally be in German. Exceptions (interview in English) are, however, possible.
- Unfortunately, the current guidelines specify that the foundation cannot support foreign scholarship holders for stays abroad in third countries for more than four weeks.
- You should definitely apply for a scholarship before the start of your studies, in order to ensure long-term support and cooperation.
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation cannot award you a scholarship, if you are studying for a one-year Masters degree and were not previously supported by the foundation.
- Applications are possible before you begin your study programme or within the first three semesters.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted as a doctoral student by an institution of higher education in Germany or an EU country (for doctoral scholarship).
- €750 per month for Masters students and
- €1000 per month for PhD students.
1.Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
2. Register for the online application portal
3. Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
4. After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline
You may also like : All scholarships in Germany
You can find all the information you need below