A scholarship is now available for the MA Human Rights programmes by distance learning at the University of London. The University is one of the largest, most diverse universities in the UK with over 120,000 students in London, and a further 50,000 studying across 180 countries for a University of London degree.
Scholarship application deadline: 10 January 2019.
Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
To be eligible, you must satisfy the following:
- You have submitted a completed application to study the MA programme
- You meet the standard entry requirements for the MA programme
- You demonstrate outstanding academic achievement at undergraduate level and/or excellence in human rights activism experience.
Please note: Students already registered with the University of London cannot apply for this scholarship.
Value of the scholarship
The Convocation scholarship will cover fees payable to the University of London up to the value of £7,500.
It does not cover the examination centre costs or any other costs not directly payable to the University (such as the purchase of additional materials or electronic equipment).
Applicants must ensure they can cover such costs from other financial sources.
- Download and complete the application form [Word, 18KB]
- Submit an application for your chosen degree via the course page.
- Upload your completed scholarship form under ‘Scholarship Form’.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
Your application will be assessed based on academic potential, financial need, and voluntary or professional activism in the field of human rights. We are looking for:
- How you make a specific case for financial support
- How your personal statement shows relevance to the learning outcomes of the MA
- How you demonstrate you’re potential to engage in the programme and put it to practical use for the purposes of promoting and securing human rights.