The International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) is pleased to announce the availability of three research fellowships that will be awarded to young clinical neurophysiologists to obtain additional training in clinical neurophysiology research.
Candidates must contact the research mentor themselves and obtain permission for the fellowship. IFCN Research scholarships will be split between applicants from economically disadvantaged and developed countries.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfill the following obligations:
- Negotiate the exacts dates of the fellowship with the host institution. The fellowship should be started within one year of receiving the award.
- It is expected that the fellowship will be completed without interruption, but if special circumstances arise, exceptions will be considered.
- Up to one month before the start of the fellowship, the successful applicant should request payment of one-half of the funds.
- After completion of one-half of the training (at least 3 months), the successful applicant should request payment of the other one-half of the funds; at this point, a brief update of the progress of the fellowship should be provided. This update should be countersigned by the mentor.
- The successful applicant must provide bank details for funds transfer.
- At the end of the fellowship, the successful candidate should submit a brief summary of the project that was completed.
- The successful applicant agrees to assist and allow promotion of the award through various media outlets, including social media.
- The successful applicant agrees to be contacted by the IFCN one year or more after completion of the fellowship to see what they are doing and how the fellowship enhanced their career.
How to apply
Deadline for submission is Sunday, March 31, 2019 (date of receipt).
Please send your application to the Secretariat of the IFCN via email at email@example.com or mail or fax to:
IFCN Secretariat – Stephanie Stevenson
c/o Venue West Conference Services Ltd.
300 – 1040 Hamilton Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 2R9
Applicants must attach:
- CV, including training to date and publications and any other supporting documents considered appropriate
- Evidence of at least 6 months of specialty training in clinical neurophysiology
- Age less than 35 years at the application due date.
- Copy of passport or other government issued ID clearly showing applicants date of birth
- Goal of the scholarship
- Short description of the research project the applicant will undertake
- Duration of fellowship (minimum 6 months)
- Letter of recommendation from the home institution
- Letter of acceptance from the host institution supervisor/mentor
- Description of how the fellowship will result in change in the applicant’s current practice/employment.
- Kindly note that the above documents must be in the order listed above on 1 PDF file.
For more information,please visit http://ifcn.info/showcontent.aspx?MenuID=9115