Apply for the 2018 KCB IGIRE SCHOLARSHIP (Deadline:21st March 2018)
In an effort to equip the Rwandan youth for self-employment, KCB Bank Rwanda in partnership with the National Youth Council is offering an opportunity for the youth to acquire vocational skills through a Scholarship programme dubbed IGIRE.
The programme will cover the following courses:
1. Carpentry (Ububaji)
2. Culinary Art (Ubuhanga mu guteka)
3. Information & Communication Technology (Ikorana buhanga mu makuru n’itumanaho)
4. Domestic Electrical Installation. (Ibijyanye n’amashanyarazi)
Interested youth who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Selection Criteria Eligibility:
To qualify for IGIRE scholarships all applicants must fulfill the criteria below:
1. Be a Rwandan youth aged between 18 and 30.
2. Be a resident in one of the following districts or its neighborhoods: Gasabo, Kicukiro, Nyarugenge, Musanze, Ngoma and Huye.
3. Have at least completed secondary school or twelve years basic education in the last two years.
4. Have not studied vocational training before.
5. Be unemployed.
6. Be available for a six-month TVET training program.
7. Provide a copy of your certificate of completion of secondary school or 12YBE.
8. Provide a copy of your ID card.
9. Have the capacity to cover food, transport or accommodation during the training.
10. Observe regulations about the training program.
11. Be willing to open a KCB Student Account once selected for the program.
NOTE Applicants will be given equal opportunity and shall not be discriminated on the basis of disability, gender, regional, religious and ethnic background.
Deadline for application is Wednesday, 21st March 2018.