Australia Awards Short Courses for Africans (Deadline:15 January 2018)
The Australia Awards in Africa (AAA) (formerly Australian Development Scholarships, ADS), an initiative of the Australian Government, is a pan-African program of development scholarships and fellowships that offers 1,000 postgraduate scholarships each year to eligible African professionals.The Australia Awards comprised two scholarships: Australian Awards Scholarships (the Master Awards), to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level AND Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors (the Africa Fellowships & the Australia Awards Fellowships). Starting 2018, the Australia Awards – Africa program will pilot a third scholarship, the Post-Doctoral Fellowships.
One-quarter of all Australia’s development scholarships are now directed to Africa. The 2018/19 Australia Awards in Africa applications will open for up to 1,000 African Students. Applications will open on 1st September 2017
Eligibility Criteria(Short Courses) – RWANDA
- National of Rwanda
- At least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of application
- At least three (3) years’ post-graduation work experience in a relevant policy, practice, researcher, or reform role. Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- Have a clear vision of how he/she will use the knowledge gained through the award program to improve policy or practice in Rwanda in the proposed field of study
- Must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to Rwanda following the completion of the award
- Gender Equality: Australia Awards target equal participation by women and men
- Disability Inclusion: Australia Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship.
The Eligibility Criteria for each Short Course are available below. Click on the relevant course link for more details and to download the course summary.
|Increasing the Development Impact of Agricultural Research||Link|
|Macroeconomic Management in Resources Rich Countries||Link|
|Trade Policy and Negotiations||Link|
How to apply
Method of Application
You need to obtain complete country-specific information, eligibility criteria and application process for the different types of awards. You can get this by going to your ‘country page’ on the official website. When you visit the official country page OR the Africa country map; select your country of origin (if country page) OR hover over the Africa map (if Africa country map).
For more details visit Official website-Rwanda country page