Global Green Growth Institute paid internship program (Deadline:12 September 2017)
Global Green Growth Institute Internship Program
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Contract type: Internship
Salary scale: Internship Monthly Salary
Contract Duration: 3 Months
About Global Green Growth
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as “green growth”, which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI in collaboration with the Government of Rwanda is implementing the “Rwanda Climate Resilience Green Cities Program” and has developed the “National Roadmap for Developing Green Secondary Cities.” This roadmap is an implementation guide to the EDPRS II priorities especially in the area of transformation of the economic geography of Rwanda by facilitating urbanization and promoting cities as poles of economic growth. The roadmap links urban development with job creation, and efficient use of natural resources and covers the aspects of urban governance, urban planning, safeguards, green building and construction, energy, water and sanitation and waste management.
Why be an intern at Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)?
If you are thinking of entering the world of international organizations and green growth, an internship at the GGGI could be the ideal start for you. The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand experience of the day-to-day working at GGGI. The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on GGGI’s current operational needs. GGGI welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply. You will be given an opportunity to work directly with outstanding and inspiring Green Growth professionals, participate in workshops and meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as innovative rethinking on sustainable green growth. Interns will be selected based on merit and cannot be children or siblings of current GGGI staff members.
Can you be a GGGI intern?
- Are you enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. program, or in the final year of a Bachelor’s program?
- Have you completed Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD Degree in last 12 months?
- Are you between a first degree and graduate school (gap year)?
- Do you have excellent command of English?
Things to keep in mind for interns:
- Duration: The internship program lasts for at least three months and can be as long as six months. Once selected, interns must begin internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- Cost: GGGI interns are paid USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Interns will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location.
- Medical insurance: Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI.
- Confidentiality: Interns must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
We are looking for a talented individual to work with the GGGI Rwanda Country Team onour on-going “Climate Resilient Green Cities Program” that focuses on supporting the greening of Rwanda’s six secondary cities identified by the Government as future poles of green urbanization and economic transformation.
The assignment will include the followings but not limited to:
- Data gathering and analysis, projects’ components assessment.
- Help the existing team to ensure that the roadmap provisions are integrated in District’s development plans and identified bankable green projects.
- Help in the formulation of concept papers laying out the feasibility of the said projects at National and Decentralized levels.
- Perform regular administrative duties as they are assigned.
- Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter in a merged PDF file to:email@example.com
- File name: “[last name], [first name]”
- Subject line: “Visiting Internship for GGGI Rwanda Climate Resilience GreenCities Program” Closing date: September 12, 2017
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- GGGI evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience (if any); and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.