HIV Research Trust Scholarships (Deadline: 20 October 2017)
The HIV Research Trust is a charitable foundation that provides financial support to physicians, nurses, scientists and other health care professionals in early/mid-career who are located in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection. All aspects of research related to HIV infection and its consequences are eligible including clinical care, basic and applied biology, epidemiology, psychological, ethical, economic, educational and societal aspects.
The support is in the form of scholarships which are of variable duration and cover course fees, travel, living expenses and consumables.
Scholarships are awarded annually following a competitive peer-review process and are designed to enable the candidate to travel to another research unit to learn skills and techniques which should develop the candidate’s career and, on return to the home institution, add to the capacity of the department to carry out research related to treatment and prevention. Examples of skills and techniques that may be acquired are; clinical management, clinical trial experience and practice, data and trial management, statistical expertise, acquisition of laboratory techniques and analysis, cell and molecular biology.
- The scholarships are for health care professionals in early/mid-career who are located in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection.
- The scholarships provide support for travel, living expenses including accommodation, and may provide support for laboratory expenses at the institution to be visited.
- The preference is for applicants to receive training in recognised centres in other resource-poor countries but travel to other areas is not excluded.
- The usual period of support is 2-6 months.
- The maximum sum awarded is £8,000 or equivalent value.
For More details,visit Official Website