India-Rwanda Innovation Growth Programme for young Rwandan Entrepreneurs
The India-Rwanda Innovation Growth Programme (IRIGP) is the first of its’ kind initiative between India and Rwanda to foster and strengthen the bilateral relationship purely based on Science, Technology and Innovation. IRIGP was announced on 20th February 2017 during the visit of H.E. Vice President of India in Kigali, Rwanda.
The programme aims to address the socio-economic needs of Rwanda by linking the Rwandan public and private enterprises with cutting-edge technologies and innovations from across the Indian innovation spectrum. Over an initial period of 2 years, IRIGP will deploy 20 demonstrated and validated Indian technologies & innovations through sustainable B2B/B2G joint programs/ventures with Rwandan partners to stimulate economic impact development in Rwanda. Ultimately, the programme intends to create a technology platform and ecosystem, which would propel mutually beneficial growth by strengthening Rwandan industry while providing new international markets to Indian innovators.
- Match Indian technologies and innovations with the needs assessment provided by NIRDA
- Generate skill and entrepreneurship development to create successful enterprises
- Focus on scaling innovations with wider societal benefit and ensuring last mile delivery to the needy population
- Promote Indian and Rwanda (Africa) SMEs.
- Further the UN Millennium Development Goals and Sustainable Development Goals, whilst generating widespread socio-economic impact development in India and Rwanda (Africa).
Indian innovators would be able to take their innovations to Rwanda for replication by their counterparts in Rwandan industry through Joint Ventures. IRIGP would provide several benefits to both sets of entrepreneurs.
- Hands-on training for the Rwandan counterparts by the Indian partners
- Monitoring, evaluation & impact assessment
- Tech expos & exhibitions
- Industry mentorship
- Legal & financial understanding and guidance
- IPR landscaping
- G2G, B2G & B2B relationships & mechanisms to ensure smooth matching and transfer of technologies to joint ventures
- Access to a pool of Indian innovations & enterprises to partner with
- One-to-one support from a dedicated partnership manager
Support for replication
- Business acceleration meet in Rwanda
- Facilitation support for implementing in Rwanda
- Technical assistance for implementing in Rwanda
- Advice, guidance & introductions to raise
HOW TO APPLY