Internship at American Refugee Committee (Deadline:August 11,2017)
POSITION TITLE: Intern (Kigali)
COUNTRY PROGRAM Rwanda
LOCATION: Kigali head office
RESPONSIBLE TO: Procurement Officer
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Nil
DATE: August 2017
Primary Purpose Of the position
ARC is looking for a vibrant, result driven, innovative and highly involved Intern (non-staff, temporary role with no salary or benefits attached) to support its Procurement unit in delivering effective procurement services. This is an opportunity for a fresh or continuing graduate student to explore a career interest while enhancing his/her educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in procurement tasks and processes. It will also provide the graduate with exposure and learning on the working environment of an International NGO and a better understanding of ARC Rwanda’s mission and activities.
The Intern role will be based in Kigali, and will be directly supervised by the Procurement Officer and will also be expected to provide level of support to the logistics team in the ARC Warehouse. The intern will be a self-motivated and client oriented person, with strong sense of personal ethic, integrity, and a big appetite for knowledge and accountability.
Primary duties & Responsibilities
- To support the procurement department in monitoring and management of ongoing procurements using the tracking tool.
- To ensure proper filing structure and record keeping of all procurement documents and create a master log for these
- To compile best practices, lessons learnt and experiences on the documentation and communication flow in the supply chain processes (e.g. from issuance of PO to notification of delivery by the warehouse)
- Provide support to the operations department in workshops, conferences, where applicable.
- Document any delivery deficiencies or discrepancies when informed by the Warehouse/Department and notify the procurement Manager to ensure corrective actions take place.
Education, Technical skils & Knowledge Required:
- Evidenced completion of secondary school education
- Evidence of recent graduation or current pursuit of a university degree in procurement, logistics and supply chain management;
- Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Key behaviors & Abilities:
- Self-motivated and client-orientated with a strong sense of personal ethic, integrity and a big appetite for quality improvement and accountability to improve stewardship of ARC’s resources
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with ability to build and maintain strong relationships and trust among stakeholders
- High level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground
- Keen eye for detail
- Capacity to think ahead and highlight areas of risk and concern
- Excellent communication skills with a strong sense of diplomacy
- Ability to work in a sensitive, multi-cultural context as a respectful team player and manager
Expenses and cost
All costs such related to the internship MUST be borne by the intern unless provided for by a sponsoring institution, e.g. university, education programme, etc. However, ARC will provide the intern with a modest daily allowance paid at the end of the calendar month, as well as transport facilitation within Kigali to perform any ARC Rwanda procurement related assignments
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit applications – to include 1 page Cover Letter, an updated CV, and three names (plus titles & contacts) of your university lecturers – to the following email address: RWJobs@arcrelief.org
Only applications received through the above indicated dedicated email address will be considered.The deadline for submission of applications is August 11th, 2017 at 17:00hrs. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.