Internship opportunity- ACTIONAID RWANDA (Deadline:March 20,2018)
TERMS OF REFERENCE (ToR) FOR FUNDRAISING OFFICER INTERN AT ACTIONAID RWANDA
The Head of Fundraising is planning a Maternity leave effective April 2018. While Actionaid Rwanda staff will assume the maternity cover roles, the department will require an intern to provide extra support in the fundraising department in the capacity of Fundraising Officer. The recruited Fundraising Officer Intern will be reporting to the Maternity cover Staff.
ActionAid Rwanda is advancing its MDP (Membership development process) and this requires strengthen its capacity to raise funds for sustainability. AAR has just finalized writing its 2nd strategy paper which will be launched this March 2018.
AAR has developed different documents and strategies (Resource mobilization strategy, Donor Scoping surveys, and Donor Engagement plans) and these will need to be updated with the new strategy. The Intern will support in the mentioned processes and In addition the person will temporarily fill the gap existing in AAR during the period the Head of fundraising is on maternity leave
The primary purpose of the internship is to equip of young professional with the relevant skills and capacities that allows them to be future leaders and policy influencers and can lead organizations such as Actionaid Rwanda.
The person will be placed in Fundraising and Programs and will be under the direct guidance of the Acting Head of Fundraising.
The Intern will be assigned to the following Tasks among others:
Specifically, among others, during the internship, the intern will focus on:
- Support in the review of the resource mobilisation strategy that ensures delivery and greatest impact on mission guided by the CSP
- Support in the process of updating the donor scoping according to the new CSP happening this year and as part of this we will come up with PoPs ( program operations plans) and funding plans for the remaining term of CSP
- Support in identify funding gaps and strategies to filling in the gaps
- Support the acting Head Of Fundraising in the process of ensuring smooth start of 2 new projects – UKAID project and Amplify Change project
- Support in Concept note development
- Support in Proposal development
III. Duration of internship (Six Months)
The internship duration will be for six months effective April to September, 2018
An inclusive internship report that contains a general appreciation of the industrial experience, highlighting achievements, indicating challenges met and then provides recommended areas for improvement to the hiring Institution (AAR) at the end of the internship.
Actionaid will give the intern transport facilitation fee as contained in Actionaid financial and internship Policy.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, International development, development studies or related field
VII. Essential Knowledge and Experience
- At least a working experience in donor funded projects or development organization particularly in the field of fundraising and/or Resource Mobilization;
- Working knowledge of donor intelligence, proposal development
- Experience in policy research
VIII. How to apply
Mark in the subject line, the position you are applying for. All Interested and Qualified candidates should submit their Application Letters & Curriculum Vitae to Rwanda.email@example.com not later than Tuesday 20th March, 2018 at 05:00 PM.
Only applications sent by email will be accepted.