Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for International Students to Study in Netherlands 2018 (Deadline:1st February 2018)
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme (LExS) is offered for excellent non-European (non-EU/EEA) students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme.
Also, it is for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS).
The scholarship is for:
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting February 2018 or September 2018 (All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden – see below).
- All nationalities enrolling in the programmes listed below starting February 2018 or September 2018.
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”;more information)
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
- Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
The courses offered under this program include:
- For Non EU/EEA students: All masters (MA, MSc and LL.M) programmes offered by Leiden University (a number of programmes have a start date in September only); and
- For All nationalities enrolling in February 2018 or September 2018 (programs listed below have a September start date only, with the exception of Adv. Studies in Air & Space Law):
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air & Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Civil & Commercial Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Law & Digital Technologies
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Human Rights Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Children’s Rights
- MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has three types of awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
How to apply
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application on or before the deadline dates below. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications. To apply for the scholarship, you should write a letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this scholarship.
The Word document should then be attached on the scholarship page in your online application for the master’s programmes for which you are applying.
For more details,visit Official website