M&E Support Intern – HUGUKA DUKORE Internship Program (Deadline: September 19,2017)
The USAID Rwanda Huguka Dukore activity, over the course of five years, prepares the Rwandan youth workforce to meet the needs of an evolving knowledge-based economy that requires 21st century capabilities. The Huguka Dukore activity will provide 40,000 vulnerable youth – 36,000 new youth and 4,000 Akazi Kanoze alumni – with employability skills by scaling up proven successful Akazi Kanoze interventions across 19 of 30 districts countrywide. Huguka Dukore will use a series of inclusive innovations that will invite more youth to participate in Rwanda’s historic transformation, particularly women, youth with disabilities.
Founded in 1958, EDC is an international nonprofit organization that works to build bridges between educational research, policy, and practice. EDC’s headquarters are located in Newton, MA, USA. We also have offices in New York City, NY, USA; Washington, DC, USA; Cairo, Egypt; Nairobi, Kenya and numerous project offices around the world. EDC has over 359 projects in 40 countries with approximately 1100 employee worldwide.
About the internship
Title: M&E Support Intern – HUGUKA DUKORE Internship Program
Deadline:19 September 2017
The HUGUKA DUKOREM&E support intern will be placed within EDC/ HUGUKA DUKORE. The intern’s main role will be to enter and review data entered in HUGUKA DUKORE database and clean it up and support the HUGUKA DUKORE M&E team with few of its activities.
HUGUKA DUKORE M&E support intern will report to EDC. EDC will maintain ongoing evaluation on the intern’s regular attendance and performance.
Essential responsibilities are
- Assist in assessing data processing, storage and reporting needs of the project
- Work with HUGUKA DUKORE team to maintain data in HUGUKA DUKORE database and suggest the best technology to use in this regard.
- Assist in testing HUGUKA DUKORE database
- Assist in conducting Data Quality Assessment
- Train staff from partner organizations who will be using the database
- Help in managing the HUGUKA DUKORE database and generate reports as needed
- Help in conducting database maintenance and updates of the database as needed
- Provide input for improving data management systems as necessary
Additionnal responsibilities may include
- Any other activity as assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or related field with strong database/data management skills – MS Access, SQL, and VBA.
- Minimum of one year experience in database management
- KLab members and graduates of the Work Readiness Training are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A2 Level or higher in computer related field.
- One year experience using a data entry system.
- Being an AkaziKanoze graduate is an added value.
- Being familiar with management information systems is an added value.
- Assist the HUGUKA DUKORE M&E team with monitoring and evaluation activities.
- End of month report
How to apply
Applications including Motivation letter and CVs/resume ONLY addressed to the EDC Country Director must be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org