Paid internships at One Acre Fund (Deadline:March 30, 2018)
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development
Employer: One Acre Fund – Tubura
Title: Program Intern
Location: Rwanda-(Rubengera / Kigali).
Start date: May 15, 2018
Application Deadline: March 30th, 2018
One Acre Fund is looking to place a cohort of paid interns and fellows in several departments in 2018. For twelve to twenty-four weeks (January to April/January to July), interns and fellows will work on impactful projects, receive mentorship from organizational leaders and provide support to One Acre Fund’s operations. Interns and fellows will be given substantial work assignments and asked to produce high quality deliverables. Opportunities may be available in the following departments:
- Business Development & Communications – tells the story of One Acre Fund’s smallholder clients to donors, supporters and the world.
- Finance, Audit – supports our operation with financial advice, reporting. Reduce waste and inefficiency by improving processes
- Field Operations – serves farmers directly with training, input delivery and loan servicing
- Government Relations and Policy – builds and maintain relationships with government and other stakeholders. Help shape rural development policy.
- Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics – sources and delivers the quality inputs and supplies our farmers need each season
- Product Innovations, Monitoring and Evaluations, Ag Research – conducts research that measures the impact of our core program and finds the next innovative solution for our farmers
- People Operations – supports the rapidly growing One Acre Fund family of leaders, finds the next generation of talent.
- Systems – Manages the data and business processes that help us reach farmers efficiently.
- Tech – build the software and tools that help us serve more farmers
Interns and Fellows are valued members of the One Acre Fund family and we are looking for the best of the best – less than 1% of applicants will be placed. We ask all staff to take a “Farmers First” attitude and approach their work with humility. Specific projects may change with the needs of the organization.
This program is designed to provide meaningful work opportunities for East and Southern Africa’s brightest young professionals. You are eligible to apply for this opportunity if you meet the below criteria:
- You are a university graduate.
- You can speak and read English fluently.
- You hold citizenship or work authorization in Rwanda.
- We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for several competitive positions. No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Citizenship in Rwanda – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card
- Exceptional recent college graduate or young professional
- Strong work experiences. Examples include part-time or full-time jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application)
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Fluent in English and relevant African languages (e.g. Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, Bemba, Chichewa, etc.)
Mid May – August 2018, extensions available at your manager’s discretion
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills- even at the intern and fellow level. Your manager will invest time in your professional development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and a final performance review upon completion of the internship period. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to help develop the skills that would put you on your desired career track.
This is a paid program. Interns/Fellows will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Those based at rural sites will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. Internships are a recruiting initiative. Historically, about 40% of interns/fellows are hired on to full-time roles.
How to Apply
Please click on this link: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings
Complete this application form by March 30th, 2018. Submitting a CV is optional but you must complete the application form including two essays and proof of work eligibility.
As part of the application process, candidates will be required to complete written assessments, a phone interview and in-person interview at one of our offices. Final selection will be made in May 2018. All candidates will be contacted – please do not email for an update on your application.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.