U.S Embassy Kigali: Call for Applications for 2018 Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Deadline:16 March 2018)
The U.S. Embassy Kigali is pleased to announce the 2018 competition for the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA), a program of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), administered by the International Research & Exchanges (IREX).
Fulbright TEA brings international teachers to the United States for a six-week program that offers academic seminars for professional development at a host university.
Participants observe classrooms and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
- Be full-time high school teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), math, science, or social studies, including special education teachers in those subjects at institutions serving primarily a local population;
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Have five or more years of full-time teaching experience
- Be citizen of and resident in Rwanda
- Be able to earn a minimum score of 450 on the paper-based TOEFL; or 45 on internet based TOEFL
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Other requirements as indicated in the application.
How to apply:
Interested applicants must submit their applications through the online application system by March 05, 2018.
Consult the list of eligibility requirements above and then use the following link to apply https://oas.irex.org/fulbrighttea/Logon?ReturnUrl=%2ffulbrighttea.
By April 05, applicants will be notified of the results of their applications.
Have questions about Fulbright TEA please contact KigaliFulbright@state.gov
Find the Call for Application
For more information,please visit https://rw.usembassy.gov/call-applications-2018-fulbright-teaching/