Applications are open for the 2019 International Climate Protection Fellowships. The fellowship enables prospective leaders in academia and industry to implement a research based proposal in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation
during a one-year stay in Germany.
Up to 20 young climate experts from non-European transition or developing countries who already have initial professional and leadership experience in this field will be funded in the next round. Applicants focus on issues relating to the scientific, engineering, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change.
Together with a host, they will work in Germany for a year on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection. The fellowships, which are funded under the International Climate Protection Initiative by the Federal Environment Ministry, will begin on 1 March 2020.
Submit an application, if you
- are a future leader from a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries)
- are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change
- are interested in spending a year working with a host of your choice in Germany on a research-based project you have developed yourself in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation
- a monthly fellowship of between €2,150 and €2,650, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a three-week introductory phase, during which you will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2019. 20 fellowships can be granted.
For more information,please visit https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/59189894.