Applications are now open for the International Student Scholarship & Awards at the York University.These scholarships and awards are for applicants with an exceptional academic profile, and who demonstrate leadership through community service or excellence in the arts or sport. Students do not need an offer of admission to apply for York entrance awards and scholarships.
- The Fall/Winter 2019-2020 application will open on December 14, 2018.
- The application deadline is February 1, 2019.
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2019
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
- The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Candidates must speak to their school guidance counselor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
- The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
- Must upload one letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1, 2019 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by February 1, 2019 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
Award winners will be notified by May 1, 2019.
Please note: A 9-digit York reference number is required, which you will receive within 5 business days of applying to York. We strongly encourage you to submit your application to York by January 15, 2019 at the latest.
By submitting the International Student Scholarship & Awards Application, you will be considered for all of the scholarships listed below:
|International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction
Three (3) of these scholarships are awarded per year, valued at $35,000/year. It is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if the student maintains high academic standing each year, bringing it to a total of $140,000 over four years.
|$140,000 ($35,000 x 4 years)|
|Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students
Two (2) of these scholarships are awarded per year, valued at $20,000/year. It is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if the student maintains high academic standing each year, bringing it to a total of $80,000 over four years.
|$80,000 ($20,000 x 4 years)|
|International Circle of Scholar’s Scholarship
One (1) of these scholarships is awarded per year, valued at $15,000. It is for $15,000 towards a student’s first year of study.
|York University Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
Five (5) to 10 of these scholarships are awarded per year, valued at $5,000 to $10,000. It is for $5,000 to $10,000 towards a student’s first year of study.
For more information,please visit http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/funding#intl