The Inuka Fellowship for African Women 2019 is a robust 3-day training program that is tailor made to transform participants through the practice of meditation and mindfulness. The program fuses the practice of meditation with personal development and a deep focus on building a strong fulfilling mental well-being for individuals.
Participants are accorded the opportunity to leave the program with a clear understanding of the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace with the starting point of equipping them with the ability to create peace within their lives, families and communities.
The fellowship will also maintain a focus on the empowerment of the African Women giving unique attention to the various challenges faced by women in the African continent and also giving powerful tools on how best to tackle them such as:
Emotional Intelligence Self-awareness
- The power of focus
- Stress management
- Conflict resolution
- Non-violent communication
- Habitual Development and Self- Discipline
- Developing mental endurance and increased productivity
- Buddhist Studies (philosophical approach)
Application Deadline (last date to apply online) April 19th, 2019
Dates : 21 – 25 October 2019
- Candidates for Inuka Fellowship for African Women must be 22- 35 years old at the time of submitting the application to be eligible for sponsorship.
- Candidates must have a good proficiency in written and spoken English language
- Candidates should be optimistic, open -minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace
- Candidates must have submitted their formal application by 14th April 2019
- Candidates must have completed the 21 days of self development program to be eligible for interview. After the interview, candidates will be required to complete the remaining 21 days of Self Development Program to be considered for the fellowship.
Note! After completing 42 days of the online self-development program, World Peace Initiative Foundation selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, available fund as well as group combination in the fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you ourselves.
The Fellowship covers
- Local Transportation within the host country
- Partial or Full airfare sponsorship from home country
The fellowship does not cover
- Visa costs
- Personal expenses
Please note: Successful international and local applicants shall pay a non-refundable commitment fee of 100 USD and 50 USD respectively prior to arrival at retreat site.
How to apply
- Completion of at least 21 days of the online self-development programme.
- Show of interest in meditation and self-development
- Even distribution of participant from the eligible countries
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to world peace
- Commitment to adhere to the program of activities during the time of the fellowship
Eligibility Deadline (last date to complete at least 21 days of the online Self-Development Program) May 14th, 2019
After completing 21 days of the self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, the strength of your application, available funding, as well as group combinations in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you.
For further information, contact: Carol Kgomotso – the fellowship manager: firstname.lastname@example.org OR VISIT https://peacerevolution.net/fellowship/inuka-women-fellowship-2019#/