Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is a civil society umbrella organization whose mandate is an advancement of Women, Peace, and Development in Rwanda. Pro-Femmes represent 53 member organizations.PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a position for a Procurement & Logistics Officer to coordinate the activities of procurement & logistics. Under the supervision of the Director of Administration & Finance, the procurement & logistics officer will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Manage and conduct overall Procurement & Logistical actions within PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE including (1) Property and Assets Control, (2) Supply, (3) Service/Maintenance, (4) Contractual agreements, (5) Transport Services, (6) Workshops and (7) Fuel & vehicle management
- Liaise with project staff regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, in order to consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power; generate reports for donor reporting as necessary, propose and implement strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Procurement & Logistic procedures.
- Assume the role as Logistics officer, including priority planning, management of stocks and transport support.
- Take responsibility for all planning, implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs.
- Analyze procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance regarding quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the organizations best interests
- Solicit bids, quotations, tender documents, oversee bidding process & provide support for all procurement transactions, analyze them for conformity to specified requirements, support the Internal tender committee to conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and ensure receiving authorization by the senior management of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE
- Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep project staff abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected goods/services are received in accordance with Purchase Order specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
- In close collaboration with the Finance department, ensure that appropriate funds are available for purchase.
- Prepare vendor contracts /Consultants in coordination with Legal Adviser; ensure that the finance unit is aware of contractual terms and conditions. Monitors owner’s compliance with contractual agreements
- Ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal, ensure assets are located accordingly and used in organization’s best interest, regularly upgrade inventory list of fixes asset.
- Direct and supervise stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss; Control supply stock and monitor consumable materials, in order to be able to provide staff with ready access to common regularly used items and replenishment
- Manage and supervise the overall maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers, when it is feasible and determined to be cost-effective.
- Ensure the transportation of staff on official business; monitor accuracy of records according to the Vehicle Log Book, Servicing/Maintenance records & Fuel Consumptions
- Ensure major and minor maintenance according to regular service schedule for all PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE vehicles; monitor consumable spare parts requirements to replenish them in a timely manner
- Travel to all program sites to perform Procurement & Logistics evaluations as necessary
- Design and conduct market surveys to meet requirements for contingency planning, including status/capacity on vendors, supplies and availability/quality. Coordinate with the Program staff on the strategic planning for procurement and logistics needs
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER
- At least hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement, law or any related field with different trainings in procurement
- At least three years (3) progressive responsible experience in logistics operations and experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Working experience with procurement systems and supplier negotiation
- Experience in procurement and logistics at a National level
- Training on Procurement Systems Management
- Budget management experience Procurement Officer
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AND APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents and other certificates; and three reference persons including the last employer. The application should be addressed to the Chairperson of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe and delivered to PFTH offices by close of business day, Friday 20th July 2018. The Pro-Femmes head office is located in Kicukiro District, Gahanga Sector next to Gahanga Sector office.
N.B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written and interview.
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.