Every year a limited number of KTH Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence. Recipients of the KTH Scholarship will have their tuition fee waived for the first and the second year, provided that the study results during the first year are satisfactory.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology is Sweden’s largest and most prestigious technical university. The university has a rich history of pioneering ideas and innovation that dates back to 1827. KTH’s global reputation for excellence attracts students from all over the world. The university offers a range of study options for international students seeking world-class education within science and technology.
- To be eligible to apply you must be a tuition-fee paying student and have applied for a master’s programme at KTH as your first priority.
- Students with a conditional eligibility are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- KTH Scholarships are not available for applicants to Erasmus Mundus and EIT master’s programmes.
- The scholarship is applied to the tuition fee at KTH and does not include a cost of living allowance.
How to apply
The application for the KTH Scholarship 2019 is now open! Applications will close on January 15, 2019.
The scholarship is granted primarily on the basis of academic excellence and the nomination process will be undertaken in parallel with the selection process for admission to the programme. Only applicants who fulfil the eligibility requirements of the programme applied for will be considered for a scholarship. After each of the applicants has been assessed in accordance to the selection process for their respective programmes, an overall assessment of all recommended applicants for the KTH Scholarships will be made based on the following criteria:
- The applicant’s grades (GPA or equivalent)
- The ranking of the university where the applicant’s bachelor’s degree was awarded
- The selection process and the recommendation of the director of the applied master’s programme
- The applicant’s motivation, relevant work experience and extra-curricular activities