Applications are open for the The 2018 Leaders for Health Equity Fellowship Program.The Leaders for Health Equity (LHE) is a one year, non-residential fellowship program offered
by the George Washington University through the generosity of the Atlantic Philanthropies. The vision of the program is to develop global leaders who understand the foundations of health inequity and have the knowledge, skills, and courage to build more equitable organizations and communities.
Fellows will be selected from the United States and low and middle-income countries based on a demonstrated prior commitment to health equity and leadership potential. Fellows must also be actively working in a field related to health. The program will build and support a linked group of global multidisciplinary leaders equipped with the technical knowledge, skills, and network to advance health equity in their communities, institutions, and professional circles. The program will select 20 U.S. and
global fellows per year.
Application deadline: August 1, 2018 at 11:59 EST
- Early to mid-career professionals who are currently engaged in health sector work
Professionals working in, but not limited to: media, business, art, law, academia,
government, and health care delivery
- Individuals possessing some experience with social accountability issues
- Individuals currently working in a role that involves leadership or the potential for leadership
- Individuals who want to become global leaders and better understand the foundations of health inequity and have the knowledge, skills, and courage to build more equitable health systems and organizations
- Individuals who are currently engaged in health-related work in any profession
- Citizenship is not a requirement for this fellowship program, but all fellows need to be fluent in English.
- They will be selecting 10 U.S.-based and 10 international fellows
All educational experiences and travel expenses related to participation in the fellowship will be covered by the program.
Please note: Fellows will not receive a stipend for this program. They are expected to remain in their current position throughout the fellowship.
Please note that all completed applications must be submitted by August 1, 2018 at 11:59 EST. If you are unable to complete this application in one sitting, you can save your work and come back to it at a later time.
For more information,please visit https://equityfellowship.gwhwi.org/about.html