The One Health Collaborative comprised of Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, University of Global Health Equity (UGHE), and University of Rwanda(UR) are inviting applications for the One Health Fellowship Program. The One Health Fellowship Program is a two-way global exchange program designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance One Health leadership and professional skills, and build lasting and sustainable partnerships between fellows, Rwandan institutions and various partners in the United States (US). With the One Health Fellowship program, we aim to create a network of One Health leaders through targeted One Health leadership training, deliberately crafted fellowship placements, and creation of strategic and sustainable partnerships that can use their professions to minimize public health threats in their countries and communities.
Six candidates will be selected to participate in the 2019 One Health Fellowship program. The fellowship will take place in the US over a six-week period, from mid-May to the end of June. Fellows will spend four weeks at a US-based public health organization that is specific to their interests.
- Be 25-40 years old
- Be citizen and/or current resident of Rwanda
- Be a recent graduate of or employed as Junior Faculty at UGHE or UR
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Be involved in a health care-related discipline, including: medicine, veterinary medicine, social and environmental sciences, nursing, policy, economics, customs, gender and women empowerment, media, schools, psycho-social health, community organization
- Play a key, supporting role in combating health threats
- Have at least two years’ relevant work experience or be currently employed
Applicants should submit a CV or resume and a completed One Health Fellowship application form to OneHealthFellowship@tufts.edu by February 8th, 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by early March, 2019.
The One Health Fellowship program is sponsored by the Tufts-UGHE-UR One Health Collaborative, with financial support from the Cummings Foundation.
For more information,please visit https://ur.ac.rw/?One-Health-Fellowship-2019-Call-for-Applications