Employer: One Acre Fund
Position: Procurement Specialist
Deadline: December 21st, 2018
The Rwanda and Burundi Procurement teams are responsible for over $1M in spend each year across over 1,000 transactions and are responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 300,000 smallholder farmers. We are seeking a team lead to manage the Rwanda and Burundi Procurement teams, architect standardized processes, implement with sustained quality improvements, and drive 5% of purchasing cost out of the system.
You will coordinate across teams at One Acre Fund to maintain the consistent flow of purchasing information and ultimately deliver a world class purchasing department at the feet of our 300,000+ farmers across rural Rwanda and Burundi.
The overarching goals of this role are to:
- Drive execution excellence in our operational goods/services procurement and delivery operations across Rwanda and Burundi.
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers to receive high service levels and below-market pricing.
- Enable the procurement team to achieve near 100% on time in full deliveries across Rwanda and Burundi.
- Prevent low quality goods from being delivered to OAF internal clients through state of the art quality control mechanisms.
- Deliver world-class customer service to our internal clients and key stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Project Specialist will include:
Manage day to day Execution
- Deliver requested items to clients 100% on time, at the right specifications and at prices that are consistently below market rates
- Coordinate across teams to evaluate quality assurance measures and implement best practices
- Triage requests as they come in to assess lead times and project possible delays and challenges
- Run quarterly forecasting activities across teams to come up with a quarterly procurement plans
- Maintain accurate procurement data in the web portal and SAP system
- Work closely with internal teams to reduce overall spend
- Maintain and improve procurement process transparency
- Manage a 5-person team in Rwanda and 3-person team in Burundi while providing support on team daily operations and professional development
- Coach purchasers to identify high quality, high level suppliers and how to negotiate for best pricing and terms
- Set clear and well-documented expectations for all staff members on the procurement team and hold staff accountable to these rigorous expectations
- Work with multi-national staff and suppliers
- Identify opportunities to grow the team and work with manager on recruitment of strong local talent
Defined Processes and Team Vision
- Set up procurement mechanisms and systems by incorporating procurement best practices and identifying strong, long-term supplier relationships
- Map out current procurement practices to identify and implement cost- and time-saving improvements.
- Implement standardized practices to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service
- Set a 0-6 month vision for the procurement teams to realize 5% cost savings across items, communicate realistic lead times to requestors, and deliver with 95% accuracy in quality and timeliness
- Represent the procurement team with OAF leadership and at inter-departmental meetings
- Ensure the procurement team is meeting the country program’s needs
- Represent OAF with external stakeholders
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and supply chain. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required
- At least 3 years of people or project management experience at work or outside of work
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering, or consulting strongly preferred
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Able to independently structure analyses related to procurement subject matter
- A passion for world class customer service
- Strong communication skills with suppliers, reports, peers and management
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Strong computer skills in at least Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, experience using SAP preferred
- Top-performing academic background
- Language: Fluent in English and French required
Please click on this link: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=1455301
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via emails and phone calls