Position: Rwanda Industry Team Coordinator
Who are we:
Bridges to Prosperity is an international NGO that works to provide safe access to education, health and economic development through the construction of footbridges over impassable rivers. Our mission is to innovate, inspire and educate. Innovate through the development and sharing of engineering solutions that are safe, replicable and locally viable. Educate by providing educational programs that teach footbridge construction to reach the greatest number of people in need. Inspire by providing opportunities for leadership development and personal growth through international collaboration.
We are seeking a motivated, dynamic and highly capable Industry Team Coordinator to support our International Partner Program. As the Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating all ground logistics for visiting teams of international volunteers. You will act as the main contact between B2P, the local communities and the incoming international brigades. The ideal candidate would be a professional with an interest in international development who thrives in a team environment.
- Represent the B2P organization and its mission to local and international partners
- Respond to requests for information prior to the team’s arrival via email, telephone, or Whatsapp
- Understand each bridge site and community and be able to articulate this to the international team
- Drive the overall Industry Team travel experience, creating a unique and memorable experience for team members, with the ultimate goal of renewing industry sponsorships through positive team member travel experiences
- Promote B2P’s culture of safety and quality both on and off of the bridge site
- Cultivate relationships with B2P partners who travel to Rwanda including Industry Partners, Rotary Clubs, and other donors
- Manage a team of on-site Industry Liaisons
IN THE OFFICE
- Lead all preparation and review calls for International Industry Teams including preparing PowerPoint presentations for the calls
- Other general tasks as requested
IN THE FIELD
- Support the B2P Rwanda Program Manager, Program Coordinator, and Manager of Programs (HQ) to prepare the arrival of the International Industry Team including accommodation, meals, vehicle hire, and site preparation
- Coordinate with on-site liaison to organize activities between local community and International Industry Team
- Interpret between International Industry Team members, B2P team, Local Government and local community members
- 5+ years of experience in hospitality or tourism
- Fluent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Email
- Professional and details-oriented communication and organizational skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative, energetic and self-motivated, with a proven track record of taking initiative and problem solving
- Passion for B2P’s mission and international non-profit work
- Driver’s License
This is a Rwanda based position with a starting salary of ~$600/month – depending on experience.
This is a full-time position that requires the successful candidate to be based in Kigali, Rwanda during office hours as well as travelling to remote locations when required. All in-country work related travel is covered by the organization.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.