JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE
Company: EarthEnable Rwanda
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Nyamata, Bugesera District
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that morning high-fives are the best way to start the day, and that the best ideas could come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dust-free floor means more than living in a healthy home. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers most treasure: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building floors: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda. 75% of Rwandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 70% cheaper than concrete with 90% less embedded energy. Earthen floors are already prevalent in modern homes in the United States and are composed of natural materials (clay, sand, and laterite). EarthEnable trains and hires local masons to install the floors which are sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished.
About the Role
EarthEnable expanded to three new districts in the past 8 months and is looking to continue to scale and grow throughout 2018 and on into the future. We need an empathetic leader in our Customer Experience department who is excited to work in a fast-growing and high-impact organization, alongside a passionate and hard-working team. The Senior Customer Experience Associate will bring strong customer empathy skills to the table in order to manage the entire Customer Experience team in fulfilling servicing requests from customers, providing sales support throughout all of our district operations, and delivering superior client experiences throughout the customer cycle.
Specific responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
Customer Experience Fulfillment
- Monitor and make continuous improvements to the entire customer experience, from initial contact with EarthEnable, through the sales and build process, and continuing on to customer follow-ups up to 6 months after the floor has been constructed
- Design, implement, and manage customer-facing policies (e.g., customer warranties for our floor that clearly lay out the decision framework for providing repairs; improvements to call center coverage to reduce number of missed calls)
Customers Issues Audits
- Spend time regularly in the field speaking with customers in order to understand common issues they face, and develop solutions in tandem with other departments to reduce the frequency of these issues arising
- Ensure any trending customer issues are quickly identified and proper departments are notified in order to rapidly deploy a fix or response
- Directly manage and supervise a team of Call Center Agents and Customer Experience Coordinators to ensure all in-bound customer calls are dealt with in a timely manner, and that all outbound follow-up calls are conducted and recorded properly in Salesforce
- Take ownership of company-wide KPI of customer satisfaction score in order to develop strategies to boost and improve customer reviews of our product and service
- Provide support to the District Customer Experience Assistants responsible for conducting welcome calls and managing the customers’ interactions with EarthEnable prior to the floor being built
- 3-5 years of work experience, with 2+ years of management experience (experience with fast-growing ventures is a plus)
- Exceptional people skills (including customer empathy) and managerial skills; avid team player with a coaching and mentoring approach
- Fluency (or advanced business proficiency) in English and Kinyarwanda
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and workstreams
- Resourcefulness and critical thinking skills to quickly determine why something isn’t working and iterate quickly to try to solve it; creative problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail, commitment to excellence, and outstanding work ethic
- Optimistic attitude, sense of humor, entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity to learn new things, creative problem solver, humble and patient team-player with a sense of humor
- Strong technology skills (knowledge of Excel, Salesforce, Google Docs, and Dropbox)
How to apply
Apply online at www.earthenable.org/applynow. In your cover letter, please state what excites you most about this role, and what you think will be most challenging about it.
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.