The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) invites applications for its International Training Programme “Sustainable Urban Water and Sanitation – Integrated Processes” . The objective of the programme is to contribute to improved planning and implementation of more sustainable urban water and sanitation services, where the rights, needs and demands of all citizens including those of marginalised groups are taken into account.
Part 2: 2 weeks in January/February, 2020
Part 2: Uganda
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
- Authorities, institutions, universities, NGOs, water utilities or other private companies active in the water and sanitation sector may nominate candidates.
- The programme primarily targets organisations, not individuals, and efforts will be made to establish long-term relationships with key organisations. Such collaborative organisations should be willing to commit themselves to participation over several years and to cooperate with other organisations in the programme. Capacity and interest to drive change processes to achieve their long-term goals, and a certain level of influence on the water and sanitation sector, is a prerequisite to become a collaborative organisation. Candidates from collaborative organisations may be prioritised.
Applicants to the programme should:
- hold a key position in their organisation, with influence at a strategic level;
- have the engagement and power to initiate and drive change processes;
- hold a relevant academic degree; and
- be available and motivated for active participation through the whole training programme.
The training programme consists of five compulsory phases. The evolution of an organisational Change Project (CP) constitutes a major role, binding all phases together.
- Phase 1 – Inception (4 months) Country teams are established
- Phase 2 – In Sweden (3 weeks)
- Phase 3 – Change Project Development (4 months)
- Phase 4 – In Uganda (2 weeks)
- Phase 5 – Implementation Continues (5 months)
Sida will cover the costs of the programme fee and required literature as well as accommodation, meals, health insurance, and international travel to the scheduled courses.
However participants/organisations are responsible for any other costs such as:
• personal expenses
• domestic travel and transfers
• visa fees
• any local airport taxes and departure fees or such
- Increased knowledge of methods and tools for planning of sustainable urban water and sanitation services and systems
- Increased capacity to initiate and drive organisational change processes
- Shared experiences from colleagues in other parts of the world
- Extended professional network
- Professional support for more sustainable and inclusive water and sanitation services
- Educated and encouraged staff that will help achieve your strategic goals
- Collaboration opportunities with various organisations, experts and agencies
How to Apply
The application should be written on the special form and include a recent photo.
• Make sure your application is complete, correct and readable.
• A candidate has to be nominated by his/her organisation and the application must be signed by an authorized director/manager.
• A scanned copy of the application shall be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com
• If a scanned copy is not possible, the original application shall be submitted to the nearest Swedish embassy/consulate.
For more information, please visit https://itp.sida.se/itp/