VACANCY: STATION NURSE
REPORTING TO: MEDICAL BUSINESS MANAGER
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The Group has interests across the East African Region and offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset Management, Banking and Property. The product range includes, life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, property development and private equity.
We wish to fill the above position in our Rwanda Subsidiary – Britam Insurance Company (Rwanda) Ltd. Preferred candidate Rwandese national.
- Visit admitted clients within the assigned hospital.
- Liaise with doctors on the day to day management of patients and obtain medical reports/ expected length of stay where indicated
- Vet and validate medical claims documents before submission
- Develop and maintain monthly database on admissions, large claims and extended length of stay
- Data entry for medical claims records.
- Issue undertaking letters/declines promptly to the hospital as per policy.
- Respond to queries from clients, intermediaries and service providers
- Collect feedback from admitted clients on quality and scope of service by the service provider
- Liaise with the hospital on prompt submission of invoices
- Ensure hospitals are billing using Smart and Smart reports attached while submitting invoices.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Working Relationships – Internal & External
- Accountable to the Nurse
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Service providers
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelors’ Degree in Medical related field
- Basic understanding of insurance concepts
- At least one year experience in case management
Technical and functional competencies
- Knowledge of insurance concepts
- Knowledge of case management processes and procedures
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Communication skills
- Building Relationships
- Focuses on the Customers
- Develops Self
- Solves Problems
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria, please submit your online application to us on or before 15th August 2018, at https://www.britam.com/careers
Beware of scammers-Remember that you should never have to pay for anything to get a job.
-Don't give out your credit card or bank account information over the phone to a company unless you're familiar with them and have agreed to pay for something. Anyone who has your account information can use it.
-If a company or organization is mentioned in an ad contact that company or check the official website to find out if the company really is hiring.