The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards support and celebrate inspirational young people from all over the world who have existing initiatives, products or services tackling some of the planet’s biggest sustainability challenges.Unilever will recognise up to eight winners in 2018, each of whom will be awarded a cash prize in addition to one-to-one mentoring support for a year.
- The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards competition is open to founders or co-founders, aged between 18 and 35 (as of 29 June 2018), of initiatives from any part of the world with the exception of those based in Russia, due to local data protection laws.
- Initiatives must relate to one or more of the categories: Zero Hunger, Good Health and Well-being, Quality Education, Gender Equality, Clean Water and Sanitation, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Responsible Consumption and Production and Climate Action.
- Entries must have grown beyond the idea stage to include actions the applicant has already taken – whether through informal networks, via an existing institution, or by creating a new enterprise.
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees, nor can entries promote Unilever or its products. However, the entrepreneur may have worked with Unilever in the past or may be working with Unilever currently as a third-party supplier.
- Entries for Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards must be submitted in English.
- If shortlisted, entrants will be required to submit further information in the form of a pitch deck OR business plan, and financial projections, by 21 August 2018 (further guidelines will be sent to shortlisted entries in the first week of August).
- If shortlisted, entrants will be required to participate in a video call with a shortlisting panel on 11 or 12 September 2018.
- If shortlisted as a finalist, entrants must be exclusively available to attend all parts of the accelerator programme in Cambridge, UK and subsequent Awards events in London, UK from 25 October to 31 October 2018. Unfortunately, inability to attend any part of the agenda due to a competing commitment will mean participants forfeit their place on the programme.
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards will recognise up to eight winners, including the HRH Prize Winner, in 2018. The eight winners will be selected from a rigorous assessment process led by The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, culminating in video interviews with our finalist selection panels. All eight winners will be invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, before making their final pitches in person to a guest judging panel who will decide on the HRH Prize Winner of the 2018 competition.
Winners will have a chance to practice their pitches during the Accelerator in Cambridge where they will work with experts from the University of Cambridge, Unilever and other inspirational speakers and guests.
The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize.’
All winners will attend a special prize event hosted in London.
- The winner of the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize’ will receive a €50,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- The remaining winners will each receive a €8,500 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
The booking and cost of travel to the UK (including economy class flights), and accommodation during your stay will be covered by the competition
If you are shortlisted as a winner, your initiative will be promoted through various marketing channels
To submit your entry, you’ll need to create a profile and complete the application form. You’ll need to explain all about your initiative’s story so far, and your vision for its future.
Only individual entries are accepted. If your initiative has multiple founders, only one person can enter the competition. Entries are sought from individuals and we cannot accommodate co-founders in the competition process. Co-founders may, however, take part in the on-going mentoring process if the winning individual agrees to this.
Entries submitted between 00:00 BST on 10 May 2018 and 23:59 BST on 8 June 2018 will have the opportunity to win an ‘early bird’ reward, a 2-hour, bespoke mentoring session. Three early bird entry winners will be announced in September 2018.
For more information,please visit youngentrepreneursawards.unilever.com