Applications are now open for the 2019 African excellence scholarships at University of Glasgow.For September 2019 academic session,The university of Glasgow is offering 10 scholarship worth the full tuition fee of a one year Masters programme to academically excellent students from Africa.
About the University of Glasgow : The University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. It was founded in 1451. Along with the University of Edinburgh, the University was part of the Scottish Enlightenment during the 18th century. It is currently a member of Universitas 21, the international network of research universities, and the Russell Group.
This scholarship is open to applicants from Africa applying to all on-campus Masters programmes . Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their application for admission and must:
- be resident in Africa at time of applying
- have completed a first degree in Africa
- demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to a degree equivalent to a UK 1st Class Hons or better
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo Democratic Republic of
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Trinidad and Tobago
How to apply
Applicants will be automatically assessed for a scholarship based on academic merit. Applicants who are being considered for the scholarship will usually hear within 6-8 weeks of applying for the programme.
You may also like : All scholarships in UK
Offer holders who are being considered for the scholarship will be contacted and asked to submit a 400 word personal statement detailing:
- why you have selected the programme at the University of Glasgow
- why you merit the funded-place (e.g. academic/personal achievement)
- how you will benefit from it (e.g. employment prospects, financial relief, etc.)
Note: Your personal statement should be around 400 words and include your full name and applicant number.
For more information,please visit University of Glasgow African excellence scholarships 2019