The University of Gothenburg Study Scholarships (UGSS) Programme offers fee-paying students the opportunity to receive a scholarship to pursue a Master’s degree programme, with entry autumn semester 2019. An estimated 25 applicants will be granted the UGSS for the academic year 2019/2020.
The Admissions Office administers the University of Gothenburg Study Scholarships (UGSS) Programme, funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education and the Adlerbertska Foundations.
You are eligible to apply for the University of Gothenburg Study Scholarships programme if you meet the criteria listed below.
- You are required to pay tuition fees
- You have applied for a Master’s programme, full-time studies, at the University of Gothenburg by 15 January 2019
- You have paid the application fee and documented your eligibility for studies by 1 February 2019
Costs and scholarship awards
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees for a Master’s programme at the University of Gothenburg
- 27 000 SEK per study semester
- The FAS plus insurance for fee-paying students
By following the links below you will find important information about the FAS plus insurance and living expenses in Sweden.
How to apply
You apply for the scholarship by submitting an online scholarship application form. The scholarship application form will be available on the website between 4 February and 14 February 2019.
You should also submit your CV and a Letter of Motivation for the Master’s programme you have applied for. If you have applied for more than one Master’s programme please submit one Letter of Motivation for each.
Please note :
- When you apply for the scholarships, you should also submit your CV and a Letter of Motivation for the Master’s programme you have applied for.
- If you have applied for more than one Master’s programme, please submit one Letter of Motivation for each.
- There are no specific templates that you must use for your CV or Letter of Motivation.
- In order for an application to Master’s programmes to be processed, an application fee of SEK 900 must be paid according to the instructions at universityadmissions.se.
- Applying for the UGSS does not cover the application fee.
More detailed information will be available on 16 January 2019.
You may also like : All scholarships in Sweden
Academic staff make the assessment and ranking after the admissions results are published on 4 April 2019. They will have access to your academic merits, CV and Letter of Motivation in order to assess your suitability for the programme as well as your commitment and desire to study.
Read all of the information and guidance about the University of Gothenburg Study Scholarships programme HERE